Chapter 10

.:Author's Note:.

Diego at the top

Please excuse any mistakes.

***

Winston's POV:

Twelve Years Ago

"Diego, I'm home!" I called out as I closed the apartment door behind me. I took off my jacket, followed by shoes, and set my briefcase down. There was no response from my boyfriend, making me frown. I walked more into the apartment to find everything spotless, which was an indication that he was home. Diego was a neat freak, but I didn't mind it too much.

I left the living room and pushed the door of our bedroom open. A small grin appeared on my face as my eyes landed on Diego who was sound asleep in the center of our bed. It was summer time here in Indiana, and we had yet to buy a decent AC, so he was dressed in only his boxers.

I made my way over to the bed and leaned over to give him a soft kiss. In that moment, it slipped my mind that Diego was a light sleeper, so I nearly jumped out of my skin when his eyes snapped open just as I pressed my lips to his.

"Fucking hell!" I shouted as I stood straight again.

"Winston, what the fuck?!" Diego snapped as he rubbed his eyes.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to give you a kiss." I explained, blushing immensely since the circumstance seemed silly right now.

"Didn't you see me fucking sleeping?" He growled, causing me to take an involuntary step back. "I should beat your fucking ass! I never get any sleep around here!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you." I said, but I knew my words were falling on deaf ears. "I just- You just looked so handsome and I didn't think anything of-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Diego cut me off, making me snap my mouth shut instantly. I stood awkwardly at the side of the bed while he rolled over onto his back. "I'm awake now, so we might as well get ready to go to my parents' house." He sighed before getting up.

He walked over to our shared closet, and I couldn't help it as my eyes watched his muscular back flex. Despite his bad attitude, Diego was a very handsome man. However, my family thought he was very ugly due to the way he treated me. I didn't mind too much because I loved him.

I continued to stupidly stand by the side of the bed, watching my boyfriend try to find something to wear. When he noticed that I hadn't moved, he glanced over his shoulder at me with a deep frown.

"Make sure you change out of that stupid monkey suit." He said, causing me to look down at my professional office attire. "You look like a fucking chump. I can't have my parents thinking you're more of a pushover than they already suspect."

"I- Okay." I sighed as I stripped from my suit and tie. Already, I was hoping that this day came to an end.

***

Present

"Snowflake, I can't seem to find anything appropriate to wear." I said to my pet bunny as I searched through my closet and drawers. "If I wear sweats and a T, it would look like I wasn't trying enough. If I go with jeans and a nice shirt, it would look like I was trying too hard."

When there was not even a sound of response, I looked over my shoulder to find Snowflake fast asleep in the center of my bed.

"Thanks for the help, babe." I muttered, laughing as I went back to find some clothes. It still took another ten minutes for me to finally settle on a pair of sweatpants and a decent T-shirt. I decided to go that route since Jonathan did say we were only watching movies. I could go the fancy route tomorrow night.