I have a confession to make

*Jay's P.O.V*

The sun streamed in through my bedroom window, hitting my face and stirring me awake only moments before my alarm clock started blaring out what can only be described as the sound of nails on a chalkboard. Begrudgingly I pushed my covers off and moved to turn off my alarm, relieved when it finally went silent. I gingerly stood up and stretched out, cringing as my back and shoulders went crack.

I stepped into the shower and let the water run down my back and my mind wander. Should I tell Erin that going undercover as a couple had been my idea? Would she get angry at me when she finds out?

After roughly ten minutes of freaking out, the hot water ran out and the icy water startled me out of my thoughts. I hurriedly turned the water off and stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. The clock next to my bed read 7:07am so I quickly threw some clothes on and rushed out to my car.

I decided to grab some donuts on my way to pick up Erin because she always gets hungry on long journeys.

*25 minutes later*

I pulled into Erin's driveway a few minutes late to find her sitting on her front steps, her over-stuffed suitcase on the step beside her. I got out of the car to help her with her bags because it looked too heavy for her to lift.

"Want some help with that?" I asked, pointing at her suitcase.

"Oh, yes please, that would be great" she replied, stepping away from her bags and heading towards the passenger side of the car.

I went to lift her suitcase and was surprised at how much effort it took to lift it. "Did you leave anything in your house or is it all in your suitcase?" I called out to her, huffing and puffing as I lifted the suitcase into the boot of the car.

"I only packed the essentials," she replied, rolling her eyes dramatically at me as I slid into the driver's seat, a layer of sweat covering my forehead.

I reached into the back seat and grabbed the bag of donuts. "I bought us some donuts for the journey because I know you get hungry" I said, handing her the bag, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she took the bag of donuts from me.

"Yes! Cinnamon donuts are my favourite" Erin exclaimed, reaching over the centre console to wrap her arms around me and making me smile nervously. Once she pulled away, she eagerly pulled a donut out and shoved it in her mouth, closing her eyes and enjoying the taste of the donut.

"Ready to go?" I asked, amused at her reaction to the donuts.

"mm-hmm" she mumbled, stuffing the rest of the donut in her mouth.

I chuckled and backed the car out of the driveway and started driving towards the address of the undercover house.

*30 minutes later*

We have been driving for about half an hour and Erin had been staring out the window, deep in thought.

"Something on your mind?" I asked, stealing a quick glance in her direction before turning my gaze back to the road.

"I'm just nervous about this whole undercover thing" she admitted sheepishly, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"What about it is making you nervous?" I asked, worried that she might be having second thoughts.

"What are we going to have to do to convince people that we are a couple?" she questioned nervously.

I hadn't thought of that. "I'm not sure to be honest" I admitted quietly, "but we don't have to do anything that you aren't comfortable with" I continued, a look of relief washing over her delicate features.

"Thank you" she smiled, glancing at me before turning to gaze back out the window.

We sat in silence, listening to the radio for another five minutes before I spoke up, "I have a confession to make." Erin spun around in her chair, startled by my sudden outburst. She looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

"It was my idea for us to go undercover as a couple. Voight originally asked me but I suggested both of us go undercover because I thought it would be safer than going in alone" I blurted out, avoiding her gaze.

"Yeah it is probably safer than going in alone" she responded matter-of-factly. I had expected her to be angry at me but was thankful that she wasn't.

"You're not mad?" I asked, a look of confusion appearing on Erin's face.

"Why would I be mad? You are one of my best friends. I enjoy spending time with you" she replied, trying not to laugh.

"I don't know" I mumbled quietly, turning my attention back to the road.

I turned the volume up on the radio and we fell back into a comfortable silence for the rest of the drive. 

A.N./////// What do you think???