Dinner Time!

Later that day

*Erin's P.O.V*

I was lying on the couch, munching on some barbeque chips whilst watching the latest episode of CSI. Jay was seated on the lounge chair reading a book and munching on some maltesers as he scanned over the pages of the book. My stomach grumbled loudly, causing Jay to look up from his book and smile at me with an amused look dancing across his face.

"We should probably start thinking about making dinner. It's 6 o'clock already" Jay suggested, placing his bookmark in between the pages of his book before closing it up and placing it down on the coffee table in front of him.

Lounge Room

Lounge Room

"I'll make dinner and then when I start dishing up I'll let you know so that you can set the table" I told him, rising to my feet and making my way into the kitchen.

Kitchen

Kitchen

"Sounds good" he replied before turning his attention back to his book.

I pulled out everything I would need to make dinner and got to work cutting up the ingredients and placing them in the frying pan to cook.

*30 mins later*

Once I was satisfied that everything was cooked properly I searched the cupboards to find the dinner plates and the glasses.

"Matt!" I called out, hoping he wasn't too engrossed in his book to hear me.

Moments later he appeared in the doorway looking rather panicked.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" he blurted out, making me chuckle.

"No, I'm not hurt. Dinners ready. Can you please set the table?" I asked him, still chuckling quietly to myself.

*Jay's P.O.V*

I rolled my eyes at Erin before grabbing some place mats and cutlery and taking them into the dining room.

Dining Room

Just as I had finished setting the table, Erin emerged from the kitchen carrying two plates of Spaghetti Bolognese and placed them down on the table.

"Ooh, spaghetti Bolognese is my favourite!" I exclaimed, excitedly picking up my fork and digging in. "Oh wow! This tastes incredible! I wasn't aware you could cook" I exclaimed, eagerly shoving the next forkful in my mouth and making Erin chuckle. 'God she's so beautiful!' I thought to myself, admiring the way her nose crinkled up when she laughed.

"Camille taught me" she muttered, looking down at her lap briefly before continuing with her meal. I decided to change the topic.

"What do you want to do this evening?" I asked, in between mouthfuls of spaghetti.

She thought for a moment before answering, "They are starting to show Christmas movies on TV, do you want to watch one?" I agreed, stuffing the last forkful of spaghetti in my mouth before getting up and taking both of our plates into the kitchen and placing them in the dishwasher. I made my way back into the dining room and helped Erin clear the rest of the table.

*DING! * *DING! * Erin's phone beeped with a text message.

"Who is that?" I asked, momentarily pausing to glance over Erin's shoulder at her phone.

"It's Kim. She is going to video chat with us in five minutes to discuss the case" she replied, placing her phone in the back pocket of her jeans.

It was starting to cool down so I went to search for some blankets. When I returned with a large throw rug, Erin was already talking to Burgess and Roman.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked, draping the blanket over the back of the couch and sitting down next to Erin.

"Have you found out anything about the case yet?" Roman asked, leaning over slightly to look into the camera on his laptop.

"We have spoken to the elderly couple next door but that didn't turn up anything useful" Erin informed them.

"I think we should start introducing ourselves to people in the neighbourhood" I suggested, shifting in my seat trying to get comfortable.

"You okay?" Erin asked, shifting her attention to me momentarily.

"Yes, this couch is not very comfortable that's all" I replied, slightly frustrated that I couldn't get comfortable.

"Well tomorrow we could go for a run and see who we meet along the way and then at least it won't look as though we are purposely seeking people out" I suggested, finally finding a comfortable position.

"Sounds good. Just let us know what time you are leaving for the run and we'll make sure we are awake and ready to save you if necessary" Kim responded before signing off.

Erin got up to put the laptop away in the bedroom before returning and sitting next to me on the couch. I turned the television on just in time for 'A Christmas Secret' to start and got comfortable.

*After the movie*

I turned the television off and looked over at Erin, noticing that she was now fast asleep. Instead of waking her, I gently picked her up and carried her into the bedroom and placed her down on her side of the bed before getting changed and laying down beside her. 'She had fit so perfectly in my arms' I smiled to myself as I drifted off to sleep.