Re-writing SinJie 2

MATURE CONTENT
©Pinterest; DTBY Screen Capture
(Utang po muna ang Blink, sinusulat na po!✌🏽️🙏🏻 this one is practically writing itself.)
Un-beta'ed

Happy 95 Weeks, mga bes!❤️

The rain continued pouring, it's getting cold. Colder because of their drenched clothes. They are both hungry having eaten nothing since breakfast. He worriedly looks at Sinag, she looks apprehensive, her eyes wide, while trying to peer out in the darkness.

"Sinag, hanap muna ako ng tulong."

"Ha? Wag mo kong iwan dito. Ang dilim!" Her voice broke, she is seriously distraught. He wanted to gather her in his arms but thought otherwise. His self-control is still very weak.

"Mababasa ka na naman kasi eh, pero sige, sabay na tayo maghanap ng masisilungan at tutulong umandar tong kotse."

Benjie crawled to the back seat to look for an umbrella, he found one and asked Sinag to gather her stuff so they can start moving.

The cold air made them both gasp. It's eerily still & quiet, only the continued downpour can be heard. Benjie beamed the flashlight to the path they're taking while huddled closely in one umbrella. Sinag hang on his arm, gripping tightly, shuddering.

"Sinag, ikaw na humawak ng flashlight."

As soon as she got the light from him, he put his free arm around her, his body protecting hers from the cold and making her feel safe.

"Benjie, parang walang katao-tao dito." She said fearfully.

"Wag kang mag aalala, hanap tayo ng masisilungan for the night. Gutom ka ba?"

"Konti."

He quickened his pace kasi habang tumatagal, they are getting soaked by the rain because of the wind coming at them from all sides. A little further, they saw what looked like an abandoned 'bahay kubo'. Abandoned because they see no welcoming lights.

Benjie knocked on the door as courtesy. The hut looks empty so he pushed on the door until it creaked open. He ushered Sinag inside then followed her. They found a hurrican lamp, thankfully. He lighted the lamp using his lighter found on his emergency kit.

Sinag felt a little better now that they are inside the hut, away from the cold and darkness. She started wiping off the rain from her hair and neck and her arms. While Benjie's rummaging around the hut. There's nothing much inside except for a tattered sleeping mat, some jars and left over candles.

Benjie found tin cans where he placed the candles for additional light. Sinag sat on the mat and went through her bag. She found the sandwiches her mom insisted her to bring for the trip. She didn't have the appetite to eat during the trip because she was too busy getting all riled up by Benjie. Buti na lang!

"Benjie, eto oh, share tayo sa sandwich." Handing the sandwich to him which he gladly took.

"Ok na 'to, magkalaman man lang tyan natin."

They ate their sandwiches quietly. Then they shared a bottle of water. They are both still thirsty, so Benjie went to check on the jars on the shelf. He grunted and turned his face away when he had a sniff of the contents.

"Lambanog yata 'to! Anlakas ng amoy."

"Uhaw na uhaw pa rin ako eh. Baka naman pwedeng inumin na lang natin?"

"Ok, pero konti lang ah, malakas yan baka masuka ka. Tapos try na natin matulog para maaga tayo magising bukas."

He took a sip then scrunched his face. He handed the bottle to Sinag who also took a sip then coughed.