Kevin Kiermaier-Tampa Bay Rays (Part Two)

Eva's P.O.V.-
"Eva, will you marry me?"  

I couldn't believe it. I was finally going to get to marry the man of m dreams today. I was so nervous and I thought I was going to throw up, but after the year I've had, this was just going to be the icing on the cake for me. My book got published and became a best seller, Kevin proposed to me, the Rays won the World Series not even two days ago, and yesterday I found out I was pregnant and today I was going to get married to the love of my life.
My mom walked into the room and smiled at me as she stood behind me in the mirror. I turned and looked at her, a smile gracing my lips. She was already crying as she stood in front of me and took in my appearance.
"I am so happy for you. I can't believe my baby girl is getting married today." She said, grabbing my hands and holding them.
"I can't believe it either mom. It feels like it was just yesterday that I met Kevin at the ball park for his very first game." I could already the tears threatening to spill.
"I remember the day you came home from the park and had the hugest smile on your face because Kevin had asked you out on a date. Then that night you were freaking out about what to wear and you were so nervous, you nearly cancelled the date." She laughed a little at the memory.
I laughed a little and looked at the floor for a moment before looking back at her. "I remember you telling me to wear whatever I wanted and that if he had a problem with it then he wasn't the right guy for me. And that night, when he picked me up, he just called me beautiful and that was the best first date I'd ever been on."
"Believe me baby girl, he's the one for you. I also remember when you were sick and he hadn't seen you in two days, so he came over and cuddled up with you on the couch and watched Disney movies with you and took care of you. He didn't even care if he got sick."
"And he didn't get sick either, which highly confused me." I laughed at the memory. "Kevin's been there with me through everything and I can't wait to marry him."
"Well, you only have a few minutes. Which is why I came in here. Your dad's waiting to come and talk to you." She told me.
I nodded my head. "Send him in."
She kissed my cheek and left the room to go get my dad. I looked back at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath in as I heard the door open. I looked over my shoulder and saw my dad standing there. He was wearing a black tux with a peach tie on.
"Look at you. So beautiful." He said, not moving from his spot by the door.
I turned back around and looked at him. "Thanks daddy." I said.
He walked over to me and wrapped me up in a hug. He kissed my forehead and then pulled away, looking down at me. "Kevin is a nervous wreck right now. He's shaking like a leaf." Dad said.
I laughed a little at that. "He never gets nervous.He wasn't even nervous for his MLB debut."
"That just means that you mean the world to him if he's nervous." Dad smiled and I could see the tears in his eyes already. "And he is so lucky to be getting to marry you today."
I didn't know what to say, so I just wiped the tear tat slid down his cheek. He quickly wiped his eyes and then gave me a smile.
"It's time sweetie." He handed me the bouquet. "I'll give you a minute to look yourself over. I'll be outside the door." He then left the room.
I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before taking my final deep breath and left the room. I stepped out the door and gave me dad a smile before taking his arm and walking down the stairs to the chapel doors. I turned and looked at my dad, giving him a small smile.
"I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for taking care of me all these years." I finally said to him.
He smiled at me again and pulled down my veil. "Now it's time for him to take care of you."
I wrapped my arm around his and the doors opened and the moment I saw Kevin, my smile widened. He looked extremely handsome in his suit. And the moment we locked eyes from across the room, a smile spread across his face and I thought I saw a tear roll down his cheek as I walked toward him. My dad and I stopped right before the stairs, where we looked at the priest.
"Who gives this bride away?" The priest asked.
"Her mother and I." My dad said, before lifting my veil up and kissing my cheeks before giving my hand to Kevin.
I turned and looked at him, still with my smile on my face. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "You look stunning."
I replied with, "You don't look to bad yourself outlaw."
He chuckled a little and we walked up the stairs to stand in front of the priest. He began the ceremony, which didn't take as long as I thought it would take.
"The couple has written their own vows. Kevin, you may say yours." He said, motioning for Kevin to begin.
"Where do I want to begin?" He asked himself. "Let's start from the beginning. The day I met you I was so nervous that I thought I was going to say something extremely stupid to you and then you would think I was an idiot. But when Chris introduced you to me, I couldn't believe I was actually getting the chance to talk to you and in that moment I decided to ask you out and you said yes. I couldn't believe it. I was sure you were just playing me, but when I showed up at your house that night, I knew. I knew then that I would marry you. And these last three years being with you have been the best years of my life and getting to call you my wife is a dream come true. I can't even begin to tell you how much you mean to me. So, here I am, in front of all our friends and family, am promising you that no matter what happens, I will never turn my back on you and I will protect you will all I have and everything I will have. I love you." He finished.
By the time he was done, I had tears rolling down my face and he lifted his hands and wiped them away. I smiled and reached out to hug him and he gladly hugged me back. We separated after a minute and I composed myself before turning to the priest.
"Eva, you may say yours now." He said.
"I love you so much Kevin. So much so, that being without you is like not being able to breath. And I can't even begin to think about what life would be like without you in my life. The day I met you, I couldn't believe a guy like you was talking to me. You were the heartthrob of the team and you had girls crawling all over you, but you chose to talk to me and I couldn't believe it. And when you asked me out, I was so surprised that I went home that afternoon and nearly had a heart attack over what I was going to wear. But that date went amazing and I could already tell that you were gong to mean more to me than any other person in my life." I took a deep breath and decided it was the right moment to tell him. "When I asked you the other day how you felt about having kids and you said you couldn't wait, I was so happy. And you're probably wondering why. Well," I took another deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "I'm pregnant."
He stopped for a moment and then he smiled at me. He leaned forward and kissed me for a moment before pulling away and leaning his forehead on mine.
"I love you so much baby. You don't even understand how happy you've made me today." He said, pulling away to look at me. I smiled and giggled a little.
"Do you Kevin James Kiermaier take Eva Elizabeth Cash to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health? In good times and bad?" The priest asked.
"I do." Kevin answered.
"Do you Eva Elizabeth Cash take Kevin James Kiermaier to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness and in health? In good times and bad?" He asked me.
"I do." I answered.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss...." Before he could even finish, Kevin's lips were on mine and he arms were around my waist, pulling me to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss.
When we pulled away the priest said, "I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Kevin James Kiermaier."

I just married the love of my life.

(Eva's Wedding dress and Kevin in his suit.)

)

Word count:

Word count:

1610