Paul DeJong-St. Louis Cardinals

Requested

Maddy's P.O.V.-

Who doesn't love hanging out with your boyfriend for the day? I know I do. And when your boyfriend is a professional baseball player, well, that just makes our time together even better, seeing as how he's always running off to a different state to play another team for days at a time. Guess you could say I'm a little jealous that I don't get to hang out with him more often, but when I do, it's the best time ever. Especially when he offers to take you to Six Flags for Fright Fest. It's also pretty fun when he's a scaredy cat.

"Come on Paul!" I shouted, running to get in line for the haunted house.

"Maddy, I'm coming. Calm down." He said, slowly coming up next to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side.

I instinctively leaned into him. "I am calm." I mumbled, burying my face into his chest. Considering it was the end of October, it was getting a little chilly out and a lot faster than normal. The best part, Halloween was in two days.

"Did you get your costume finished?" He asked as we took a few steps closer to the entrance of the haunted house.

"Yeah. I got it all finished yesterday."

"Can't wait to see it." He whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. I smiled up at him.

"Babe! Why can't we be more like them?" I heard someone ask.

I looked up and saw a couple behind us. She gave me a smile and then looked from me to Paul. The minute she laid eyes on Paul, she stopped breathing.

"Oh my god! You're Paul DeJong!" She whisper shouted.

He smiled at her. "Hi." He greeted, extending his free hand out to her.

"Hi." She said, blushing beet red. "I can't believe I'm meeting you. I love the Cardinals." She explained.

"I'm always happy to meet a fan." He said, pulling me a little closer to him.

"You two are so cute by the way! You make such a cute couple!" She exclaimed.

"Thanks." I mumbled out.

"I wish my boyfriend was affectionate like that." She said, throwing the hint at her boyfriend.

I laughed a little. "Sometimes it gets annoying, but I love this guy no matter what." I told her.

"I would hope so! We've been together for 6 years now!" Paul said, being playful with me.

I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled. I couldn't help it. This guy always made me smile. Even when I didn't want too.

"Yeah yeah. I know." I looked up at him. "But these last 6 years have been the best 6 years ever." I said to him.

"I agree." He leaned down and kissed me.

"You two are so cute! How do you do it?" She asked me.

"Patience. Lots of patience. And acceptance. It's been hard, I won't lie, and we've had our rough patches for sure, but I don't let that get in the way of the how I feel about him." I told her. "And that's what love is all about. Being willing to hold each other up during bad times and then being there to share the smiles and laughs during good times."