Kolten Wong-St. Louis Cardinals

Requested

Maddy's P.O.V.-

Ah baseball. Who doesn't love baseball? The smell of the dirt and freshly cut grass. The hot summer time air. The sound the bat makes when it makes contact with the ball, sending it to the far back of the stadium as a home run. The foul balls. Oh the foul balls! Those are what every fan wants as a souvenir from the stadium, and they don't exactly sign up for getting hit with them, but not every fan is lucky enough not to get hit with it, like me.

Let me tell you the story of how I met my favorite baseball player, got his phone number, and a concussion all in 2 day.

~That Day~

"Maddy!" My best friend, Lizzie, screamed coming into my apartment. "Let's go! We're going to miss the game at this rate!"

I rolled my eyes at her and walked down to the hall to the living room of my apartment. "Liz, we still have two hours before the game even starts." I said.

"Do you or do you not want to go to BP?" She asked, facing me and putting her hands on her hips.

"Liz, calm down. That still gives us an hour before BP."

"It will take at least 20 minutes to find a place to park, and if you want to eat before we go, then we need to leave now."

I sighed and grabbed my purse and keys. "Fine. Let's go."

~Three Hours Later~

I was currently sitting in my seat on the third base line with Liz on my right. We were just talking while watching the game, when I heard someone shout 'Incoming!' and next thing I knew, everything went black. 

When I woke back up, I felt super dizzy and I also like I was going to throw up. I slowly opened my eyes and then closed them again, due to the bright lights. I put a hand on my head and then finally opened my eyes. 

"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask. 

"Yeah. I'm fine." I mumbled, trying to sit up and in the process, I made myself feel worse and more like I was going to barf all over the place. 

"I don't think you should sit up." The stranger said. 

"I'm fine." I responded, feeling their hand on my shoulder. I shook it off and turned to look at who was touching me. It was none other than the man who hit the foul ball...Kolten Wong. He was my absolute favorite player. 

"I honestly think you should lay back down. You're not looking so good."  He said, moving to kneel next to me. 

"I'm fine. I just feel a little dizzy." I lied. I was miserable. Everything was spinning and my stomach was churning. 

"If you say so. But I would go get that bump looked at. It isn't looking to good." He commented, touching it. I winced and he immediately retracted his hand. "Sorry." He whispered. 

"It's okay." I moved and stood up and that's when it wall went south. The minuted Kolten stood up and in front of me, I barfed all over him. Not like I had intended too, but I instantly felt a lot better, but the embarrassment from throwing up on him was unbearable. 

He didn't look disgusted at all, but he looked more embarrassed for me. He tried to say something, but before he could get a word out, I ran off. I honestly thought this was going to be a good day and a good game, but I was so wrong. I literally just puked all over my favorite ball player and in front of 40,000 fans. Could my life get any worse?

~Next Day~

"It's not that bad." Lizzie said, trying to comfort me. 

We were currently at McGurk's Irish Pub and were enjoying a drink outside on their patio. I was working on a strawberry daiquiri at the moment and she was working on some kind of beer I had never heard of. Then again, she's much more out going and willing to try new things, while I'm not.

"It's horrible. It was all over the internet last night when I finally got home from the ER!" I hissed at her. "I'm a laughing stock. I threw up all over my favorite ball player!"

"Maddy, it's not as bad as you think! After a few weeks, it'll all calm down and everyone will forget that someone threw up on Kolten." She said, trying to reassure me. "Everything will be okay."

"So you think." I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my drink. I looked up and saw a few guys walking outside to the patio area. The minute I saw them, my mind instantly recognized them. They were Cardinals players and Kolten was with them. I hit Lizzie's arm and when she looked at me, I pointed to the guys.

"I have to go." I said, standing up and grabbing my purse.

"Maddy!" Lizzie said, standing up and following me as I ran through the crowd and out to the side walk. I just kept walking, keeping my head down, when I heard my name being called and it wasn't Lizzie either.

"Hey!" They said, catching up to me and stopping in front of me. "I think you left this at the bar." He said, handing me my phone.

"Thanks." I said, taking it from him and then I looked up at him and instantly regretted it. "I gotta go." I said, walking around him.

"Wait!" He shouted, catching back up with me. "You're the girl from the game yesterday." He said, as he stopped right in front of me.

"Yeah. I'm the girl who threw up all over you." I said, moving past him again.

"Would you stop walking for a minute and talk with me?" He asked, cutting me off yet again.

"Why? Why do you even want to talk to me?" I asked him.

"I wanted to see how you were doing. See how you're feeling." He said. "And to give you this." He pulled a baseball out of his pocket and held it out to me. "It's the ball you got hit with. I know you probably don't want it, but I figured it was the least I could do for you, seeing as how it was my fault you threw up all over me. Which I did deserve, since I did hit you." He rambled. "I signed it as well."

I looked down at the ball for a second and then looked at him. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"It's the least I could do." He rubbed the back of his neck and then shoved his hands in his pockets. "See ya around." He walked past me and I took that time to actually look at the ball. I rolled my eye at what it said:

'Give me a call some time. I think I owe you dinner. XXX-XXX-XXXX'

And that my friends, is how I met Kolten Wong. 

Word Count

1171