David Freese-St. Louis Cardinals

Requested

Maddy's P.O.V.-

"Maddy! Over here!" My best friend shouted over the loud music

"Maddy! Over here!" My best friend shouted over the loud music. I managed to squeeze my way through the crowd and over to her, where she promptly shoved a drink into my hand.

I looked down at the drink in my hand and then back at my friend, who had an innocent smile on her face, as if to tell me she didn't order it for me. I knew better though. My best friend was a trouble maker sober, and an even worse one drunk.

"Bella, did you forget that I'm the DD tonight?" I asked her, looking back down at the drink in my hand, which was obviously alcoholic.

"You are?! I totally forgot!" She said, faking her innocence once again. "I'll just take that then." She plucked it right out of my hand and started sipping on it. "Why don't you go get yourself a soda or something? On me." She pulled a $20 out of her wallet and put it in the hand that was previously holding the drink she was currently chugging.

I pulled the drink out of her hand and walked away with it. She was tipsy already, and I had just showed up to the party. How she managed to get that way in 20 minutes, is beyond me. She can hold her liquor pretty well, so she must have been mixing it up over those last 20 minutes.

As I was walking up to the bar, someone pushed me and I fell right into someone. I tried to right myself quickly, but that caused me to slip on some of the drink I had just spilled from the shove. I was fully prepared to land on my ass in front of everyone, but thankfully someone grabbed me around the waist and helped me stand back up. When I turned to thank the person, my jaw dropped to the floor. Standing in front of me was David Freese.

"You okay?" He asked, taking the empty glass out of my hand and setting it on the bar

I closed my mouth and nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm fine. All thanks to you, really." I answered.

He nodded his head in response before looking at the empty glass he had taken from me. "Let me buy you another drink." He offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I declined, moving over to stand by the bar. He seemed a little shocked at my refusal. "I'm not drinking tonight." I added on, as an after thought.