Paul DeJong-St. Louis Cardinals

Requested

Maddie's P.O.V.-

Ah coffee! Who doesn't love coffee? I practically live on it these days. Between all my late nights working and then my early mornings in order to get to where I'm going on time, I need coffee like I need air.

But today, today I actually got to sleep in and relax a little more. Who honestly would have thought? Then again, it's Saturday. Lucky enough, I didn't have to be anywhere or do anything until this afternoon. Did I mention I'm going to a Cardinals game? Yeah. I get to go to a game.

I love baseball. I practically live on it. Which is why I live in St. Louis. It's a drinking town with a baseball problem. Part of the reason I love it here so much.

As I stepped into the coffee shop, I took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of freshly brewed coffee. I absolutely loved this coffee shop. It's nice and cozy. Not like those other chain coffee shops. They even knew my name here, seeing as how I'm here almost everyday.

"Morning Maddie!" Grace greeted. "Usual?" She asked as I walked up to the counter. My usual is a caramel frappuccino and I usually get some sort of pastry with it. She changes it up for me every time I come in.

"Yes please." I said, giving her a smile.

"What're you doing today?"

"Going to a baseball game. Cubs vs Cardinals. It should be a good one." I told her.

"It should be. When's your next gig?" She handed me my coffee and a pumpkin spice muffin.

"Next week. We have a sold out show. It's not crazy big, but it's a good sized crowd." I told her as I handed her my money.

"Sounds like fun!" She said, giving me back my change. "Enjoy your coffee!"

"I will." I turned around and headed to the back of the coffee shop to my favorite chair.

I sat down and pulled out my music book. I started to go over a few things when a person walked past me before coming back and standing at the side of my table.

"Mind if I sit here?" The person asked.

I looked up at who it was. The minute I did, I almost spit my coffee all over my music book.

"Of course." I said as quickly as possible.

"Thanks." He said, sitting down across from me. "I'm Paul." He said, holding his hand out to me.

I shook it and gave him a smile. "Maddie."

"Pleasure to meet you Maddie." He sipped his drink and looked from me to the book and then back at me. "What's up with the book?" He asked.

"I'm a musician. Specifically a drummer." I told him.

"That's cool."

"It's pretty fun. We have a sold out crowd next weekend. It's not crazy big or anything, but it's a good sized crowd. We're super excited about it. Honestly though, it's kind of nerve wracking to think about, but also still super excited." I rambled on.

"Damn girl, that sounds like fun. What else do you do?" He asked, leaning forward in his seat.

"Not much else." I blushed.

"Oh come on! I'm sure you enjoy doing other stuff as well." He took another sip of his coffee.

"Maybe there is something." I whispered.

"And what might that be?"

"Let's just say, I know exactly who you are."

"Is that so?" He inquired, leaning forward in his seat.