Cody Bellinger-Los Angeles Dodgers

Requested

Didn't know which photo I liked best, so here's an extra one just because!

Tris's P.O.V.-

"Cody!" I screamed in between laughs.

"Yes babe?" He asked, stopping his movements for a second. I could sense the smile on his lips without even having to open my eyes and look at him.

"Stop tickling me!" I demanded, trying to catch my breath.

"Then say it."

"Do you promise to stop tickling me if I say it?" I asked, looking up at him.

He stopped for a moment to consider it. "Maybe."

"Cody!" I whined.

"Okay! Okay! I'll stop tickling you if you say it." He surrendered.

"Fine." I took a deep breath and smiled at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He leaned down and pecked my lips. "Now, was that so hard?"

"Not really." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Exactly." He moved and laid down next to me. "I really do love you."

"I really do love you too."

It was silent for a while before Cody finally spoke up again.

"Remember when I asked you to our junior and senior prom?" He asked me.

I smiled at the memory. "Of course I do. You asked me by using fairy lights at the gazebo out at the park. It was so romantic. And then come senior year, you asked me using glow in the dark paint on poster boards. You asked me after your baseball game when they turned off the lights. You had gotten the whole team to help you out by holding them up." I looked over at him. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason. I was just thinking about it. That's all." He said, shrugging it off.

"Okay."

~Next Day: Baseball Diamond~

Cody's P.O.V.-

I walked out onto the field and was greeted by a sideline reporter, one I knew all too well. Meredith Jacobs. She's been working for the Dodgers since the start of the season and ever since she met me at Spring Training, she's been trying to get me to break up with Tris. It's the worst thing ever. And for some reason, I can't ever seem to get away from her no matter how hard I try.

"Cody! It's so good to see you!" She said, coming over to me with such a fake smile on her face.

"Afternoon Meredith." I greeted, trying to be short and to the point with her.