Christian Arroyo-San Francisco Giants

Requested

Karina's P.O.V.-

"I signed my contract with the Navy today!" I told my best friend, as we sat outside my house on the front porch swing.

"When do you ship out?" He asked, not looking at me.

"Soon. Probably in a week or two. I'll be heading to the Great Lakes and then off to my A School." I told him.

To be honest, I was actually excited about this. I would get to do what I always wanted to do, serve my country. I know the Navy doesn't usually see combat, but I get to do my part and serve my country. Even if I never see action.

"Cool." He mumbled, still not looking up from his hands.

"What's wrong Christian?" I asked.

He sighed before finally saying anything. "I don't think you should have joined the military. We made a promise to go to college together and here you are running off, doing something that could get you killed."

I instantly got mad at him. "Excuse me? Serving my country is something I've always wanted to do! You know that! And that promise went out the window the minute you signed your contract with the Giants! Who betrayed who here? You. You betrayed me. Not the other way around." I snapped, standing up from the swing. "If you're not going to support my decision, then leave and never come back."

He stood up and left without saying another word. I literally lost my best friend in the whole world. I wasn't going to let his words affect me any. I was going to do what I knew was right.

~Present Day~

"Ladies and gentlemen, presenting our colors today are the sailors from our very own Navy base. Please rise and remove your hats as we sing our national anthem." The announcer said.

The minute the music started, we began to open up the giant flag

The minute the music started, we began to open up the giant flag. I was so excited to be apart of today's ceremony. Better yet, San Diego was playing the Giants. A part of me hoped that Christian was here, but the other part of me really hoped he wasn't.

Once it was all over, we rolled it back up and I went to change out of my dress whites and into some civilian clothes. {And for those who think I'm wrong in calling normal everyday clothes that, I am not wrong.} I switched into some jeans and an Arroyo t-shirt as I went and sat down next to my roommate.

"Why are you wearing a Giants shirt?" She asked me, eating a peanut.

"Why are you wearing a Padres shirt?" I asked her, sipping my water.

"Because they're the best team ever." Yes. My roommate is a native San Diego girl. "So, why are you wearing a Giants shirt?" She asked again.

"Because my best friend plays for them." I told her, as the first inning started, Giants batting first.