•TEN•

"I love you, Selena, but I'm not gonna let you do my makeup." I told her, causing her to pout again.

"I promise I won't do anything like this." She motioned to her face that was done up for the dance already. She had bright blue eyeshadow, thick black liner, and false lashes on her eyes. Her eyebrows were painted purple while her lips were a lighter shade of the same color. "I'll go natural for you, even though that's boring as hell." She said.

I sat down in a chair at Rachel's vanity and looked at all the makeup set out in front of me. There were endless tubes of lipstick, palettes of eyeshadow, and bundles of brushes. I haven't worn makeup since my last dance at my old school, which was just four months ago. But I didn't want to think about that, it brings back too many bad memories.

"Okay, let's get started." Selena said and picked up a brush.

Half an hour later, she had put light eyeshadow on my lids and traced a thin black line right above my lashes. She put on a couple coats of mascara and filled in my brows. My cheeks were painted with a light blush and my lips were a nude pink color. She brushed some highlighter onto my nose and cheekbones and then we were done.

"You look gorgeous, thanks to me." Selena squealed and I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, thank you." I said. I liked how natural it looked and I wasn't expecting that from a girl who paints her eyebrows every color of the rainbow.

"Now it's time for your hair. Do you want to straighten or curl it?" She asked.

"My hair is already curly." I said, pulling at a ringlet to show her.

"Straighten it is, then." An hour later, my hair was as straight as a pen. I liked it better than my usual mess of curls. "Damn, I'm good." She said as she played with my hair.

I laughed lightly, "Thanks, Sel." I said.

Rachel and Emilee barged into the room, Emilee wearing a flowy yellow dress that went to the floor. She also had a natural makeup look and she wore a flower crown in her hair. Rachel had her makeup and hair done, but she was still wearing a tank top and sweatpants.

"Oh my Jesus, you look amazing!" Emilee squealed.

I smiled, "Thank you, but you look absolutely stunning." I said. She grinned and thanked me. 

"I need to get my dress on!" Rachel yelled as she ran to her closet and pulled out a black bag on a hanger. She starting getting undressed and then slipped on her strapless black dress that was tight on top and flowy on the bottom.

"You look beautiful!" Selena yelled to her as she ran out of the room to go get our dresses.

"Thank you!" Rachel yelled back just as she returned with the dresses in hand.

She handed mine to me and I went into the bathroom to change. I put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. Davina Aldaine was wearing makeup, her hair was straightened, and she was wearing a homecoming dress. This is a very rare occurrence and I wasn't used to it.

When I walked out, all the girls were completely ready. Selena was wearing a fuzzy purple crop top and a light pink sheer skirt with tan heels. Her hair was half black and half blue with the blue ends dyed purple. Rachel slipped on a pair of red stilettos to match her lipstick and Emilee wore white strap up heels to match the flowers in her hair.

They all turned to me and smiled. "You're so beautiful, Lawley is gonna flip his shit." Rachel said while placing her hand over her heart, making me laugh.

"Ugh, you're such a babe." Selena said with a proud smile, looking at what she created.

"You are seriously flexing in your complexion." Emilee said, causing Rachel to cheer.