Chapter 17

FIRST OFF I AM SO SORRY OMG I LITERALLY ALMOST CRIED BECAUSE I FELT SO BAD THAT I FORGOT TO UPDATE SOONER PLEASE DON'T HATE ME IM SO SORRY BC THIS IS REALLY SHORT BUT I WILL PROBABLY POST ANOTHER CHAPTER OMG AND ILY GUYS FOR OVER 400 READS ALREADY LIKE STOP ILYSM

Black.

Everything was black.

My ears were ringing.

I couldn’t move my body at all.

The only thing I felt was the loud thumping of my heartbeat through my chest.

The pace was quickening and I started to get scared.

The alcohol running through my veins had suddenly stopped making me loopy, and I started to become worried.

The beat of my heart overpowered my scared thoughts and soon I couldn’t think anymore.

****

“It’s my entire fault. It’s my entire fault. It’s my entire fucking fault.”

“How could I be so stupid?” He sniffled, “To drive a fucking car. With her in it. God I’m so stupid.”

“This should’ve been me!” He screamed, a clash following it.

“This should’ve been me.” He whimpered, calming down.

My eyes wouldn’t open and my body was frozen, the only sense working was my hearing.

I heard the shuffling of feet near my body, accompanied with a couple of sniffles and coughs. I imagined him kneeling down beside my bed, grabbing my hands, I couldn’t feel anything though, so I wouldn’t know.

Nash’s POV

The room was silenced, except for the consistent beeping coming from the heart monitor. I sat there on the plastic chair, my leg bouncing up and down in anxiousness.  I slid my phone out of my pocket, only to find it dead.

Throughout my loud sigh was the quickening pace of Chelsea’s heart monitor. It started to go really fast and my first instinct was to go over to her resting body.

I pressed my lips to hers, lingering for a couple of seconds. As soon as I pulled my lips away the monitor showed a straight line, a continuous beep coming out of it.

“No. This can’t be happening.”

“Chelsea!”

“Chelsea!”

“Nash!”

“Nash!”

***

I opened my eyes, only to find myself face to face with Chelsea. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, until I was ripped off of her.

“Nash?! What are you doing?!”

I took a glance at her heart monitor, a loud sigh of relief when I saw it was still going.

“I had a nightmare.” I breathed out, looking up.

“About?” Matt urged on.

“Chelsea died in it Matt, I’m scared.”

“It’s alright, she’s fine, see?” He motioned to her chest, which was falling up and down at a steady pace. I nodded my head, taking a deep breath.

“Just sit down, I’ll get her doctor.” Matt assured me, leaving the room. My eyes were glued on Chelsea. There was no way I was leaving this room until she was leaving with me.

A knock was on the door, followed by the click of the doorknob and the sound of heels on the tile floor.

“Hey babe!” Arabella’s voice rang through my ears. But not the good kind.

“Hey.” I said shyly, glancing at her for a second.

“Why don’t we go? You’ve been here forever! Lets go!” She urged, pulling on my arm. I angrily pulled my arm out of her grip, my temper cutting her sentence off.

“I am not leaving her. Not now, not like this.” I snapped.

“Nash, she’s fine! Lets just go, you’re stressed.” She pouted, grabbing my arm again.

“She’s not fine! She got into a car accident because of me. I am not leaving this fucking room until she is okay. Now you can go buy another pair of heels and walk out of my life because we’re done with whatever we had.” I growled, standing up so my figure was towering over her.

“Leave.” I pointed to the door, not breaking eye contact with the girl that I once thought actually cared about me. When she made her way to the door I saw what I wasn’t expecting to be there.

Cameron.

-

Cameron’s POV

“Leave.”

My eyes were wide in shock at what was happening before me.

I thought Nash really liked that Arabella girl.

“Cameron, just leave me alone before I do something to you too.” He warned, but I disobeyed and walked into the room, closing the door behind me.

“Nash we have a problem.” I stated the obvious, setting the bouquet of flowers on the table next to Chelsea.

“No shit.” Nash laughed dryly, motioning to Chelsea.

“Nash I really like her.” I put my head down, playing with my fingers.

Nash slammed his hand on the table, staring me dead in the eyes. “Well I really fucking like her too. And if it weren’t for you, maybe my chances with her wouldn’t be so screwed up right now!”

“If it weren’t for you ignoring her feelings for you and going with someone else, maybe we wouldn’t have to be fake dat-“

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“You said something.”

“So did you.” I dodged the subject, praying to God that he didn’t pick up on what I said.

“I would do so much for that girl than you ever will Cameron.” He lost his temper, walking closer to me.

“I would walk in the pouring rain to get to her. I would swim an ocean to save her. I wouldn’t mind spending every day, just waiting, and just hoping to God that she will fall for me the same way I did for her the first day we met. You will never understand, and neither will she.” He shook his head, bringing his feet to his chair. He picked up a chain, walking back over to me.

“They had to take it off of her when she came here. Just give it back to her, please.” He dropped the necklace into my hand, walking out the door.

I examined the necklace, it was a gold lightning bolt. I wonder why he wanted me to give it back. I don’t deserve her at all.

He does.

But the problem is that we don’t know if she’s going to wake up.