Chapter 21

Chelsea’s POV

Nash has been staying with me ever since the first day I woke up. More people have come into my room, begging for me to remember them, but I just can’t.

I haven’t seen Cameron since the day I woke up either. But I’m afraid that he is going to come back and hurt Nash. He scares me, and I don’t want him in the same room as me.

Two couples have come to my room many times, and sometimes they even stay overnight, but I’ve never caught their names before.

“Nash?” I called out, sitting up.

He looked up from his sitting position in the chair beside me, his bright blue eyes now surrounded by puffy redness.

“Yeah ba- Chelsea?”

“Can you tell me about myself?” I asked whispering, looking down at my hands. I was ashamed of myself, for forgetting everything; everyone.

“Where should I start?” He asked, wiping the tears from underneath his eyes.

“I guess right when you met me. Or just simple things. Do I have a big family?”

“Um, well you have your parents, Diane and Charlie. Then you have your older sister, Courtney. And your older brother Chase. Oh and you have a dog named Chestnut.” He explained, me smiling as he did.

“They sound nice.”

He chuckled, “I haven’t met them yet, but from what you had told me, they were pretty awesome.”

“What about my best friends? Do I have any?”

“Well you have Dani and Franki. They’ve been your best friends since you were in 5th grade. They’re actually here right now, do you wanna meet them?” He asked me kindly. I nodded my head excitedly, him motioning my best friends over to my bed.

“These are your best friends, Dani and Franki.” He introduced, them standing there with weak smiles on their faces.

“I’m D-Dani.” The taller one squeaked, sniffling constantly.

“I-I’m Franki.” The shorter one sobbed, turning away.

I pouted, turning my head so I could whisper to Nash. “Why is she crying?” I asked confused.

“She’s upset because you don’t remember her.” He explained, crying as well.

“I’m sorry.” My lip quivered, I was making everyone cry. I didn’t want to make everyone sad, I just wanted to go home.

“Where do I live?”

“New York.” Dani answered, before leaving to go after Franki.

“What do I do? Why am I not in New York?” I asked Nash.

“I’ll show you.” Nash stated, grabbing his phone. He tapped away before handing me the phone, turning his volume up.

A video was on the screen, and I was on it. I was saying something really funny and it made me laugh.

When did I start doing this?

I kept scrolling through the short videos, laughing at my humor. A video came up with me hitting someone with whipped-cream.

I dropped the phone on my lap, opening my eyes as wide as they could go. I put my hands on the sides of my head, squeezing my eyes shut.

“Chelsea? Are you okay?” He asked worried, but I just shushed him in return.

I started smiling, like really big.

Flashbacks of all the times I made the videos, which were called Vines, flooded through my mind, along with all of the unfamiliar faces I thought were unfamiliar just yesterday.