Invitations

Samantha's POV

(DM from Shawn) Hey Samantha, I love your voice in your cover from YouTube, it's really amazing! I hope you don't mind but I showed the boys and the manager of Magcon your video and they loved it too!

Holy crap. What?! For one, Shawn followed me on twitter. Two, HE is DMing ME. This is crazy. I'm dreaming, right?

(DM to Shawn) Hey Shawn! thanks again, i thought the video was kinda embarrassing but if you guys liked it then hey, I'll keep it up!

(DM from Shawn) Yeah definitely! Anyway, like I said, I just talked to the manager of Magcon and the reason why I DMed you in the first place is because he said you'd be a great addition to Magcon if you're interested! They're gonna send you a formal email inviting you to join us soon, probably later today. Just a heads up, I hope you can come with us?

Pure, incandescent joy filled my mind as I screamed at the top of my lungs.

My mother barged into my room, "Samantha Grace Cartwright, can you stop screaming!" She yelled, covering her ears.

"OH MY GOD MOM YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!" I yelled at her, so excited I couldn't contain myself. 

"Sam what is it for God's sake!" My mom said, frustrated.

"Do you remember Magcon? I told you about them, the 9 boys that go on tour around the country from social media?" I said somewhat calmly.

"Yes of course I do, you could rant on and on for days about those boys. Why?" She asked, annoyed.

"They asked me to go on tour with them! Can you believe it? Oh my God, I can't believe it, I can't-"

"You can't go on tour with them, are you crazy?" She looked at me, astounded I'd even say such a thing.

"W-what?" I said angrily.

"Going on tour around the country without me with 9 teenage boys in the middle of the school year?" I realized how bad it sounded then. "You shouldn't believe it, because it isn't happening, Samantha." She walked away, leaving the door slightly open as all mothers do when they leave your room. 

My one and only dream, single-handedly crushed by my own mother.