The Hype is Real!

Samantha's POV

"Yes, that does seem like a good plan..."

"Is there any way she could still go to school or would-oh, that seems reasonable..."

"Okay. Thank you Mr. Swenson. I'll let her know."

My mom hung up the phone.

She sighed. Then there was silence.

She must've felt my body tense while waiting for her answer. Another deep breath, and it was revealed-

"You can be a part of Magcon."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I thought I was mentally screaming to myself, but it turns out I was just screaming in my mothers face. 

"Samantha Grace if you do that one more time you can't go!" She said, covering her ears again.

I just jumped on top of her, hugging her, skipping around with utter joy.

"What did he say?! When do I go?? Where do I go? When does it start??" I had so many questions I needed to be answered.

"He said the first stop for you is San Diego. You have to be at O'Hare Airport at 9:15 AM. You'll meet them at the gate in San Diego. I can't come with you since I have to work, but Mr. Swenson said that Shawn will be there at the airport tomorrow too, because he's flying from Toronto to Chicago to meet you so you don't have to fly alone. Does that soud okay?" It was definitely more than okay.

"Yes that sounds perfect! I'm gonna go pack right now!"

"We need to talk about some rules before you leave, young lady!" Her hoarse voice became distant as I flung myself up the stairs, clearing two and three stairs at a time, not giving a crap about anything else my mother had to say.

***************

What do I pack? I checked the weather app on my phone and looked at San Diego's weather. Seeing as it was just becoming spring, it was going to be mid-70's and sunny, my favorite type of weather. I chose a few t-shirts and croptops, along with some longsleeves for late nights we'd be having. I brought some regular pajamas, socks, undies, and bras, along with some lightwash jeans and high-waisted shorts as well. So many options for clothes but I could only pick a few.

How long would I be staying? I didn't even know. All I knew was that however long I would be there, the boys would be too and I felt my stomach drop. What if they judge me? What if they don't actually like me? I suddenly got nervous, and anxious, and scared, but I knew there was no time for that anymore. No time at all.

After all, there really isn't ever a time in life to feel anything but happy.