Hiding the Truth

Sam's POV

I sleepily trudged into Cam's "room" after napping for only about 20 minutes. He was scrolling through his phone and looked up at me right as I walked in with a weird expression plastered onto his face. 

"What is it, Cam? Are you okay?" I tried to look at his foot but it was wrapped to about 7x the size of his regular one. I sat in the chair next to his bed and examined his face; he seemed weary, like he didn't know what to do about something. "Cam?"

"Yeah," He finally answered, popping his head up to look at me. "Oh, um, can you tell the boys that we were together?" He asked like it was no big deal. 

"T-together? Cam, we are together. Right now," I told him, thinking I was stating the obvious.

"No, not like this together," He said, trying to lead me in the right direction.

Well he led me down the proper way, because I understood what he meant.

"Like sex?" I asked him, considerably louder than I should have. 

He was about to nod when it registered to him what he had just asked me to do. 

"No, no," He shook his head violently, looking down as if he were ashamed. "That's not what I meant. I'm sorry, Sam, I took it too far," He told me, his cheeks flushing a little.

"But why do you have to hide this from the boys to begin with?" I asked him concerningly. I wondered why he wanted to conceal this so badly from them that he was willing to take it to the furthest extent. 

"I... I just..." He hesitated. "I just made a big deal of it last time, I don't want them to think I'm a wuss again."

"But at least this time it really was serious! You passed out on me and the nurse!" I tried to explain to him the severity of his previous situation.  

"Yeah, well they wouldn't understand that. I don't like worrying them, they get all sappy and confused. And they tweet about it and our fans get sad too. I just didn't want anyone to get sad this time."

"Yeah, you put all that burden on me," I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh my gosh Sam I'm so sorry I didn't even reali-" He struggled to find the right words to say.

I gripped his hand in both of mine and shushed him. "You don't have to apologize. Trust me, I understand. You don't want to disappoint them, I get it. I really do," I told him in an undertone voice. 

He smiled courteously, sinking his eyes into mine. They were like chocolate: dark brown and sugar sweet. 

I layed my head down to rest more on Cam's hand which I was still holding; he was grasping it tight and not letting go in the slightest.