Milk Challenges and Barfing

Sam's POV

We sneaked out of the hotel, me and Matt. We were going to the police station right now to talk to some officials about this whole thing, which I had yet to tell my mother about. Matthew could tell I was nervous, I kept biting my lip and twirling the ring around my pointer finger, a clear indicator that I was stressed.

"Stop that, you're making me nervous," Matthew joked, but I continued. I couldn't help it. I rolled down my window to feel the cool air on my face as we sped to the police but it couldn't take my mind off the situation.

The driver took us to the station in about half an hour, and the whole way there I was internally screaming. "I'm making too big of a deal about this," I told myself, and I would fight back and forth about whether this was the right thing to do or not.

Once we got to the station, I got out of the car to fix my tangled hair from the wind. Using the car next to the limo's window as a mirror, I saw someone staring back at me. A kid. Five or six years old maybe. It wasn't hot but still, isn't that not right?

"Matthew!" I called for him.

"What?" He asked, coming to my side of the car.

"There's a kid in this car, look," I pointed in the window at the kid who had a blank expression. His eyes widened for a second before he called over our driver.

"Simon, what should we do?" I asked him, and he said he'd keep his eye on the car and if the owners didn't come out by the time we came back out then he'd tell the cops.

"Thank you Simon," I hugged him and realized I'd gotten even more nervous. I just hugged our limo driver, what the hell?

I kept talking to Simon until Matt poked me on the shoulder. "You're stalling," He told me.

"Rats, I'm caught," I laughed nervously and followed him inside the police station.

There weren't a lot of people there and I didn't expect many. Most were in for what I thought were interrogations and crap like that. I hope that's not what I'm gonna have to do.

"Hi, we're here to talk to someone about a person that you have in custody, Taylor Caniff?" I cringed as Matthew said his name, seeing him today was one of the worst things that could happen. They told us to take a seat until an officer could question us. Damn, I am gonna be interrogated.

After about 20 minutes, a funny looking man approached us and asked if we were here for Taylor Caniff.

"Yes, I am," I answered shakily, and he led me into a room with no windows and only a mirror.

"Am I going to have to see him today?" I blurted out, and thankfully the officer shook his head no.

"Do you have any facts about him?" Officer Murphy asked me with disdain.

"Yes, I'm actually the reason why he's in jail," I explained the whole story to him and he had me write it down again after I told him. I showed him the bruises on my wrists and he took pictures of them for evidence. Oh how I wish Matt was with me right now. I described how my friend, Cameron, had to beat him shitless before the cops came and arrested him. And I asked him, "How could there not be enough evidence?" On the verge of tears. Reliving that whole nightmare was terrifying, yet felt amazing to tell someone who can really use the information properly.

"There is now."

A huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I sighed in relief and shook his hand as he brought me back to Matthew who shot up from the bench when he saw me.

Acknowledging my smile, he smiled and I nodded, granting him permission for whatever he was going to do. He lifted me off the ground, instictively hugging me and spinning me around.