Drive

Sam's POV

I left at 9:30 AM after just sleeping for 6 hours. I gave a silent goodbye to Shawn, truly not knowing the next time I would see him.

I closed the door behind me, clutching my room key in my sweaty hands and sticking it in the back pocket of my jeans. I turned around to head to the elevator but the click of a lock to a door down the hall stopped me. I heard the familiar sound of Vans getting closer to me and I finally turned around.

"Matthew?"

"Sam... where are you going so early?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing."

"Oh, nowhere, I just needed to get away from Carter, he won't stop sleeptalking..." He zoned out for a second. "Your turn," He said when he snapped back into reality.

"Heading to my house. I just need to... figure out a few things you could say." We stood there a bit awkwardly before he pulled me into a hug.

"I know things have been hard with your mom lately. Do you want me to come with you?"

"Matthew-"

"I really don't think you should go alone, Sam."

I thought it over and sighed in agreement. We walked to the elevator and rode it down to LOBBY, hopping off and heading to the limo.

"Back to my place please, Simon." We began heading in the direction of my house, dark gray with light blue shutters.

Soon, we arrived and I realized I didn't really know what to do with Matt.

"Uhhh... you wanna come inside and hear us shout or stay out?" I didn't beat around the bush, I knew my mother and I were going to fight.

"I don't want to keep Simon here, can I sit outside or something?"

"Come to the back," Unhooking the gate door, I led him into my backyard, which was decorated with expensive patio furniture and pleasant stones. The wood fence enclosed our big yard and held in our lush garden from overextending into our neighbors yard. Baise brick kept our fountain from overflowing, spurts of water occasionally flying off to the sides.

"Wow, it's pretty nice back here," He told me, taking a spin around and settling down into the love seat. "I'll be here if you need me,"

I nodded and headed inside through the unlocked back door, taking a deep breath. "Mom?" I yelled, and it only went downhill from there.

********

"I came here to apologize and you've just made me hate you more!" I slammed the back door as hard as you can slam a sliding glass door. How the hell does she manage to turn everything into a screaming match? I'm just so done with her, fighting with her, everything.

"Ready to go?" I asked Matt with clear hostility in my voice.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well," He said sadly, standing from his sitting position.

"How can you tell?" I dully answered, upset. He scoffed a bit and nodded, trying to sympathize. It didn't work.

"Anyway," I wanted to get this off my mind as fast as I could. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know about you but I'm starving," He said. I grabbed his right wrist and looked at the time on his Rolex.

"Holy shit, sorry for making you wait so long," it was almost noon and we got here at 10.

"Nah, it's fine. Really," He assured me and gently lifted up my chin to meet his eyes. "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do."

"Hm... yeah..." I trailed off and got lost in his eyes for a second. "Right, so you wanted food?"