Nearing the End

Shawn's POV

I shook my head in disapproval. More to comfort myself that what she just said wasn't true. 

"What do you mean? You can't just quit." I told her, still somewhat slurring my words from the drugs I just woke up from.

"No, Shawn... serious. With you guys it's... I can't. My mother and... too much. ... Don't belong here. You obviously... Not cut out for it."

I heard her voice in and out. My ears were ringing now and I felt lightheaded. My head bobbed down for a second and I saw my scar again, and passed out instantly.

*******

I woke up what felt like minutes later but it'd actually been hours. I could see through the window directly across from me that all the guys less one were sleeping in the waiting room a couple feet away from me. But who was missing, who was missing? I scanned the room, reviewing each chair and it was revealed... Matthew. He was gone, and so was Sam. Sam, who said she was quitting Magcon and something about how it was too much for her? I don't really remember. 

I looked down and this time my arm was bandaged so I couldn't see its ugly appearance. I sighed in relief of that and was instantly worried again by where Sam was or if I would ever see her again. A nurse entered the room and gave me a sweet smile, to which I returned one. She told me that they had to put a little push pin-like piece in my arm where some of my muscle used to be. It was ripped out when I was cut, and the metal would only be temporary. Thank God, it'd be so weird to have to live with that forever. And it would make airport security that much more of a hassle. 

I asked if I could bring my friends in and the nurse agreed to wake them up from the waiting room and gestured them inside. They all rubbed their eyes and groaned while coming into my room and painstakingly asking me if I was alright. 

"I'm fine I'm fine, where's Sam? And Matt?" They glanced around at each other and Cameron looked as though he was counting the people in the room in his head. "What, you lost them? Where are they?" I raised my voice a bit more and Sammy was the one who responded.

"Calm down, we'll find them. Don't worry about it," He put his hand on my arm as a comforting gesture but swiped it away before placing it on my wound.

"Don't worry about it?" I scoffed obviously. "She said she was quitting Magcon, and you're telling me to 'not worry about it'. Oh okay then, that's fine!" Sarcastically, I informed them of what I thought they already knew. 

"Wait, she's quitting Magcon? Since when?"

"You think she just left?"

"What did she mean by quitting?"

"Oh my God, guys, just go find her!" I made them scramble out of the room, getting out their phones and trying to call her.

********

Matthew's POV

I heard what Sam told Shawn. And I followed her home. I walked up to the house I'd been to just a few days ago and knocked on the black door of the dark grey house with the light blue shutters. Only one like it in the neighborhood. She opened the door, as she had entered it herself only a few seconds ago.

"M-Matthew?" She stuttered, obviously surprised. 

"There's no way in hell you're quitting Magcon. Are you crazy?"

She paused. "Did Shawn tell you?" She held a dejected look on her cute little face.

I nodded, just to make things easier for her to understand. She invited me in and shut the door with a bang. She led me to her room, which smelled so much like her, and sat me down on her bed. She explained to me how she wasn't ready for this and she agreed with her mother that she can't handle it. She was staying home, going back to school, restarting her life like it was before she met us. And honestly, it hurt my feelings. 

"Don't you think we can help you through this? You had one anxiety attack and that wasn't even from performing. It was something completely unrelated, and now you'll be fine. You can promise me that, can't you? You'll be fine?" I waited for her answer as she just shook her head. 

"Yes, I'll be fine. But I'll have to be fine without you."

*****************

Oh this story is not over yet, my friends, don't fret (:

I'm sorry I haven't been updating on a regular schedule or anything I just have busy days sometimes or I don't feel like writing so you're just gonna have to go with the flow like I am(:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter (:

xoxo~