Tell Me All Your Secrets

Sam's POV

We all filed back into the elevator to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, as they called, "Bdubs" for short. Once we got in, about halfway down to the lobby, Matt yelled, "CARTER REMEMBER HOW I TOLD YOU I'M AFRAID OF ELEVATORS?" And every surrounded him, making him claustrophobic. My God, how these guys had endless amounts of energy.

We walked out of the golden lobby into the streets of San Diego, where everybody instantly started sweating.

"Jesus Christ, could it get any hotter?" JJ (Jack Johnson) complained. We all tried to cool ourselves down as we got in the limo.

"Blast the AC!" Yelled Aaron to the driver. And you could hear and certainly feel when he turned it on.

From living in Chicago, I never thought feeling air-conditioning halfway through March would actually feel good.

The whole ride there, which was only about 10 minutes, I was squished between Cam and JJ, neither of them really paying attention to me.

Pulling up to the restaurant, we hopped out of the car one by one.

We sat down, pining for some drinks and a few dozen wings with extra hot sauce. 

"Everybody here likes hot stuff right?" Cam said, pointing at everyone and making sure. "Sam? You good with hot?"

"Hit me with your best shot, Cam," I said, smirking at him. He gave me a thumbs up and a wink.

Cameron Dallas winked at me. I don't know. I felt special.

I settled down next to Taylor and Cam, but everyone was moving around everywhere anyways so it wasn't like any seat was for sure yours.

The wings came, and the fries came, and the extra sauces came, and the Bulls were playing the Heat on the biggest screen in the room.

What seemed like thousands of  wet naps littered the floor once we were finished. Each boy ate, on average, 12 wings, while I ate merely 5.

"Oh my God, I'm stuffed," I sighed, rubbing my belly. "How? You only ate like 3 wings!" Cam held up  three bright-red sauce-covered fingers and chuckled at the appearance of his own hands. 

I laughed too. He's so adorable. "Oh right," He said to me, "You're tiny. Here, eat!" He yelled at me to eat some more of his wings, shoving his plate in my face. 

"No, no Cam I can't," I told him, waving the plate away.

We were all done, sitting there moaining about how full we were when I realized I didn't even speak to Taylor yet. 

"Hey Taylor, what's up?" I asked him, trying to start a conversation. He just looked around, his eyes wandering from screen to screen in this big sports room. Looking at me for one second, he shrugs and continues to eye the screens around the room. 

"Come on, Tay, what's wrong?" I whispered to him, leaning in a little bit closer. I knew he proabably didn't want the boys to know how he was feeling. He doubtlessly thought they'd view him as the party pooper of their first night in San Diego.

"Nothing," he dismissed me.

Now I had to know.

"Fine, party pooper." I said, turning away from him.

"Okay, if you promise not to tell any of the them..." He whipped around, grabbing my arm and leading me towards the bathrooms. Good, he's going to tell me. I'm guessing that means he trusts me?

"Look, it's been a really long time since I got to see my family. I love these guys but sometimes I need to see my family and one of those times is now," He said, scrambling for his words.