Ch. 15: You Were Warned

Chapter Fifteen

Penny’s POV:

    I ran to my room, slamming the door and falling to the floor. I let my guard down. I let myself have feelings for him. I did what I told myself I wouldn’t do. I fell for him. And the worst part was, he probably didn’t feel the same way. He had a girlfriend that was away and played with my heart.

    I brought my knees up to my chest and started crying. Clover walked out of the bathroom, took one look at me and ran over. Hugging me she said, “What happened?!”

    Through sobs I told her about the blonde and how she threw herself at Colton and how she kissed him and how he did nothing about it. She held me close to her, hugging me.

    “I’m gonna make his sorry ass pay,” She said softly rubbing my hair. She stood up pulling me up with her walking me to the bed. I sat down as she stomped out of the door. I wanted to go see what she was going to do but I didn’t want to look at Colton.

Clover’s POV:

    That little bastard! He had the audacity to lead my best friend on just to have his girlfriend to come home from wherever the hell she was and start kissing her right in front of Penny! His ass is mine.

    I stomped down the steps and walked into the kitchen to find Colton, Mrs. Carter, Mr. Carter, Ryan, Trevor, Gavin and what must have been the bitch who kissed Colton.

    Walking right up to Colton, I pulled my fist back and punched him right in the nose without any overthinking or second thoughts. There was lots of screaming when my fist connected to the center of his face. The first to take action was Ryan who grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back while I fought the whole time.

    “You little bitch!” I spat at him as he held his nose, his eyes wide. Little miss barbie walked over to look at his nose and when he didn’t tell her to go away it fueled another wave of anger over me. Ryan struggled to keep me away from Colton as I squirmed trying to get out of his bear hug.

“Clover calm down!” Ryan spoke calmly in my ear. I could feel my heart racing against my chest and I thought of how hurt Penny must feel. She really liked him. In fact I haven’t seen her this happy since before her parents died.

“Why should I, Ryan?” I asked looking up at his desperate face.

“Because Colton didn’t know Sarah was coming home any time soon. In fact she had moved to Pennsylvania last year, breaking up with him over the phone. He thought she would never come back,” Ryan said looking at me. So the little bitch’s name is Sarah ignoring the rest of what he said.

“Well, looks like she came back,” I said giving her a death glare while she looked very confused with the whole situation.

“Wait what’s going on?” Sarah asked looking around confused.

“Wow how much of a dick are you, Colton?” I asked putting venom in my voice. He didn’t even tell barbie over here about Penny yet.

“Don’t call Colton a dick,” She said starting to walk over to me. She must have a death wish.

“Why not princess? What are you gonna do to me?” I challenged, my blood was boiling with anger.

“Did you just call me princess?” She asked her face getting red.

“Oh I’m sorry your highness, did I offend you?” I asked finally out of Ryan’s grasp stalking over to her.  

“I don’t know who the hell you think you are-” She started but I cut her off.

“I think I’m Penny’s best friend and Colton’s worst nightmare,” I said now turning to Colton, “Who I warned by the way,” I said.

“I didn’t know-” Colton started before he was cut off by my hand slapping him across the face.

“DO NOT TOUCH MY BOYFRIEND!” Sarah said storming over to me.

“YOUR boyfriend?!” I screamed, turning around to face her, “Last time I check you broke up with him before you moved,” I said now dangerously close to her face.

“Well guess what honey,” She said her face getting red, “I’m back,”

“And you think you can just walk right back to be welcomed with wide open arms? Because bitch, you’re in for a rude awakening,” I spat.

She pulled her arm up, about to slap me but I grabbed her wrist before she had a chance, “I came back because I couldn’t live my life without Colton in it. I missed him and from how he took the break up I thought he must be missing me too,” She said looking over at his straight face.

“Well guess who moved on,” I said as she pulled her arm away from mine.

“I suggest that both of you get out of my house before anyone else gets hurt,” Mrs. Carter said taking both Colton and Sarah's arms and leading them to the door. Both turned around at the doorstep.

“Wait! Claire let me talk to Penny!” Colton said pleading with her.

“Who the hell is Penny?” I heard Sarah say.

“Colton, I think it’s best if you leave,” She said shutting the door before walking back into the kitchen.

Everyone stood and looked at each other from what just happened. Ryan came over to me pulling me into a hug. I let out a deep breath that I realized I was holding a relaxed a little bit.

“Ummm, I need to go talk to Penny,” I said pulling away from Ryan. Everyone noded not knowing what to say or do. I walked back up to our bedroom and knocked on the door.

“Go away,” She moaned.

“Penny it’s me,” I said softly and the door opened. She stepped aside allowing me to come in before she quickly closed the door again. She looked a mess. Her hair was a tangled mess hanging around her shoulders and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I pulled her into a tight hug and sat down with her on our bed, not knowing where to start.