Special I: Frei Fuyuki

"Once upon a time there was a happy little girl. But then, she grew up."
Unknown

(Above is a picture of Fuyuki as a child (finally) but with hazel eyes)

The Empress | Special I

People are full of contradictions.

First, they want to loved, and then they don't.

They want to normal, and then they don't.

They abandon hope, and then they don't.

There she stands, proud and beautiful. The mama every child hopes for. She merely stood there like a statue, but she looks like a gift from heaven.

I watched as children gathered around her. There was a gentle smile on her pale lips.

A smile that was never meant for me.

Despite being surrounded by elite CEOs and business owners, I long to be one of those children.

I tried. Honest. I tried to excel in everything to make her notice me, but her line of sight was always a distance away.

Why do you never smile my way? I wanted to ask, why don't you love me?

I always imagined her hands to be warm, her hugs to be comforting. That's all I did. Imagine. Knowing she will never hold me in her arms.

How can someone so beautiful be so cruel?

Your words are like knives cutting me open, but I will never cry out as long it's you.

You are special to me.

Maybe because you are my Mama.

Maybe because you are beautiful.

Maybe because I long for you to acknowledge me.

Why though?

Why do I want someone like you, who never felt proud to have me?

The women around you always looked envious of you for having a prodigy like me. Yet, you always smile away those compliments with a stained curve on your lips.

I knew. I knew you never loved Papa or Fuyuki.

But we love you. Very, very much.

You, whose words are cold as ice.

You, who never loved us.

You, who could not sink any lower.

There you stand; all dressed up with yet another forced smile.

I want you to know I am proud of you. I always have been.

Did you know, the other day a lady came up to me and said I looked like a split image of you with Papa's hazel eyes and platinum blonde hair?