Chapter 16

"I didn't want to know this feeling, but it won't leave."
Frei Fuyuki

The Empress | Chapter 16

Seirin cheered with an ear-piercing shout while Rakuzan players lay defeated. Except for Akashi, who stood alone.

'We lost... so this is defeat.'

'How horrible... it pains the heart indescribably... I don't think I can keep my calm up through the lineup.'

The Rakuzan captain took a couple of steps towards Kuroko.

'However, this is why I think... I'm glad I've been playing basketball. And glad I was able to cross paths with you.'

Akashi extended his hand for a handshake. "This is a victory for you... no, for all of you. Congratulations. And prepare yourselves... next time; we are the ones who will win."

Kuroko smiled and shook his hand. "Hai. Let's play again. Next time, the time after that... many times over."

Kagami smirked behind the Shadow.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

She placed her palm on top of her chest.

badumpbadumpbadump

"What is this?"

What is this feeling?

Her breath came out short.

Hanamiya stared at the girl strangely. "Oi,"

Fuyuki turned to him and suddenly placed his hand on her chest, with hers over his. Those around the two that saw the scene blushed deeply and gawked with their jaws dropping. Some managed to mask their shock better than others.  

badumpbadumpbadump

"What is this?" his large palm covered her whole right breast, "It's beating so fast." Too fast. "Why is my body feeling so hot? Why am I sweating?" she looked into his eyes, "Why?"

Hanamiya was sure his whole face was heating up like a tea kettle, he could feel the steam coming from his body as the girl pressed his big hand on her softsoft chest. The soft fabric of her dress is the only barrier that stood in his way to her bare skin. Her right breast was dented by his large palm while she stared directly at him. Her heart was indeed beating as fast as she claimed. The lost look in her eyes spoke volumes as if she could not comprehend her feeling of excitement. As if she never felt adrenaline running through her veins. Didn't have any desire to win as bad. She didn't understand her own feelings.

Hanamiya figured as much.

"Nee, what is this?" There was desperation in her tone. "I don't understand this." 

All the beauty could think is how different this feeling is compared to when Ryoma holds her hand or when he kisses her cheek or even when he hugs her tight. She thought her heart was beating fast then, but it felt more- different this time. It was almost too intense for her heart. She hoped she wasn't sick again, her heart was weaker than most and she could only take so much.

'What is this?' She didn't want to feel this yet it forced it's way through. Making her helpless, making her vulnerable, making her weak.

Silly Yuki, always hoping for what you can't have.

Nein. She didn't want to feel this.