Chapter 20

"I'm her biggest fan."
Momoi Satsuki

  The Empress | Chapter 20

"I just don't like this."

"You don't like it?" Momoshiro repeated, confused.

"How did you losers end up higher ranked than me?" Atobe questioned said with a frown.

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose," Toyama replied vaguely. "We beat them first, so Court 2 belongs to us." he continued with excitement in his tone.

"Let's play to see who the real winners are." Kikumaru cut in.

Coming around the corner, the Demi-God—who was listening until now—agreed. "None of you move well enough for Court 2."

"Interesting. Let's settle this then." Kaido held his racket in hand.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Meanwhile.

"Hey."

After the brief conversation with Fuyuki, Ryoma went to find his new rival. Tokugawa paused in the middle of practicing at the boy's sudden appearance.

"I'm here for revenge."

The high-schooler doesn't seem surprised by the declaration.

When the two were on the tennis court, Ryoma asked, "Hit that serve again."

"I will be the one to decided if you are worthy," Tokugawa said calmly.

Ryoma frowned until Tokugawa served the move he wanted to see. "Thanks, senpai." The Prince smirked; the high-schooler actually did as requested.

They began playing with five tennis balls before it slowly increased to ten.

-

"You've improved a little, Echizen Ryoma." The 1st Court player said during their break. The male began hitting the ball with his racket softly causing it to bounce up and down while looking at the Prince from the corner of his eyes. "How well do you know Frei Fuyuki?"

Ryoma was surprised by the sudden question. Then, he narrowed his eyes thinking the high-schooler was interested in her. "I've known her for a while." He actually knew her since they were children but the Prince wasn't in a sharing mood. Not that he ever was.

"Be careful of her."

The freshman furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. What does he mean by that?

All Tokugawa could think was how oblivious the freshman was to the girl's true nature. That girl was more than what most people can handle and from the looks of it, Echizen Ryoma had no idea about the extent of her cruelty. She was merciless towards players like them, those that enjoy playing tennis with a passion. He wanted to shiver just thinking about the match between her and Hazhiki Shiki. That was the moment he learned who she really was.

Unknown to the older male, Ryoma was Fuyuki's step-cousin, which meant he has known more about her than anyone else. And he still chose to stand by her.