Chapter 27

"Fuyu-chin is my favorite."
—Murasakibara Atsushi

The Empress | Chapter 27

The basketball camp was beautiful, or perhaps luxurious is the word to describe it. The camp itself was surrounded by forest while in the heart of the forest were the basketball courts. Most of them were outdoors with high fancy borders separating one court from another. The borders ensured that people on the benches can see what's happening inside the courts. Inside one of the buildings, there were also indoor courts in case of sudden rain. The indoor courts were even better with AC running and polished wooden floors. Onto the side, there were bottles of water and snacks protected by metal bars.

The building next to the indoor courts was the dormitory. Everyone was assigned rooms of four. Each room consisted of two bunk beds with enough space for two desks and other necessities, which were all shared. Thankfully, the rooms were right next to one another in a long hallway so the trip wasn't long if someone wanted to visit another. 

The camp also had professional chefs that cooked all three meals of the day and special desserts for them. There was also a large lounge where a lot of high-schoolers resided when they wanted to take a break from basketball. The lounge consisted of a large TV off to the side with couches surrounding it. There was a table tennis station off to the side and numerous board games stacked one atop of another. There was also a bistro/café open for when they weren't starving but wanted a light snack. Murasakibara especially loved this place. 

On top of all that, the camp even had an onsen, training/workout room, a large pool, and an underground skating rink. 

It couldn't get any better than this, the basketball players decided.

Day one of the camp was used for settling in for the players and becoming familiar with the camp. However, on day two inside the luxurious basketball camp, they heard multiple speakers around the field asking all the players to gather in court 5. 

Once most of them gathered, the males weren't surprised to see Aida and Momoi standing on the plank with the head coach and Aida Kagetora. The two girls were granted special permission to be volunteers inside the camp as they were still students while the rest of the coaches and managers of the high-schools chose to stay behind to enjoy their summer break.

Coach Omura scanned his eyes over all the players in front of him, "Everyone, please form groups of three for some practice matches." Hearing the sudden chattering between players who looked serious, Omura continued, "This is not a serious game so play as you wish."

The high-schoolers formed their teams quickly. Unknown to most of them, there were many cameras around the courts to monitor the games.

However, the game that Omura was most interested in was the one between Akashi-Kuroko-Aomine team versus Kise-Midorima-Murasakibara team.

Seeing the powerful teams, the other basketball players wanted to see how their games would play out. However, they were quickly asked to enter different courts team-by-teams.

"We're on the same team, Tetsu," Aomine smirked.

"You're right," Kuroko responded, his usual deadpan face much softer.

"We won't lose," Kise said with excitement.

Murasakibara lazily drawled, "You won't beat me, Akachin."

"Or me," Midorima added.

Akashi smiled, "I accept your challenge."

Momoi, who was one of the volunteers, held the basketball in her hands and approached the teams, "We're playing three-on-three but we'll play full-court like it's a five-man team. Each game is ten minutes, okay?"