Chapter 26

"First strings? So what. Ryoma won't lose."
—Frei Fuyuki

The Empress | Chapter 26

Mukahi, Jiro, and Marui were surprised when their door opened and a half-dressed beauty showed up.

Fuyuki glanced at the three before pressing her back against the door.

They all blushed at the sight of her as Jiro scrambled to close the magazine and shove it under his pillow. If they thought the magazine photos were revealing, then her nightgown was sinful.

Marui was confused and nervous and his flustered cheeks wouldn't cool down, "Fr-Frei-chan?"

"Yuki is waiting for them to leave."

"Them?"

"Sanada-kun is scolding Kirihara-kun outside." When she said that, there was almost an inner glee in her hazel orbs. But that couldn't be. "Yuki doesn't want to be scolded."

Somehow Marui doubted his vice-captain can scold the beauty without being too flustered to speak based on her clothing.

"Why is Sanada-san scolding Kirihara?" Jiro asked, mostly to stop himself from staring at her exposed skin.

"Kirihara-kun threw a pillow at him."

'Another pillow fight? That explains the noise outside.' the three males thought in sync.

Taking this as a chance to get some information, the beauty walked over to the slightly red-faced middle-schoolers. "Kirihara-kun also hit Yuki." she pouted, lifting the bottom of her top to show the slight red skin. It wasn't painful but perhaps Fuyuki could get sympathy from them. "See?"

"Pffft-" Mukahi spat out the beverage he was drinking and coughed violently. The other two were far too shocked to help him out.

Seeing the extreme reaction. Fuyuki immediately covered her stomach again. "Why did he hurt Yuki?" she quickly changed the subject. They weren't Ryoma; Ryoma couldn't react like that to her pain.

"A-Ah, they were having a pillow fight?"

"Pillow fight?" Fuyuki repeated in confusion, "What is 'pillow fight'?"

The three exchanged a funny look before looking back at the beauty, "Frei-chan doesn't know what a pillow fight is?" Jiro asked.

Fuyuki frowned; she didn't like the implication of his words. So what if she didn't know what a pillow fight is? She is still smart, she knew a lot and she didn't like that they thought she was clueless.

Seeing her frown, Jiro quickly continued in case she misunderstood, "A-ah! It's no big deal! A pillow fight is just a game where we mock fight with a pillow as a weapon."

'Pillow as a weapon... Boys are strange.' Fuyuki decided. Of course, her Ryoma wasn't under the same category.

If they thought she was unusual for never having a pillow fight, thankfully, they didn't say.

Accepting that as an answer, Fuyuki stared at the snacks on the table and felt saliva gather in her mouth. Her diet was always watched and she didn't feel the need to ruin her body shape by indulging herself because she was good at avoiding food. But now that it was right in front of her, it was quite tempting.

"Would you like some?" Mukahi, who recovered, asked gently.

Fuyuki looked between the middle-schooler and the snacks before shaking her head slightly. "Nein, Yuki can't." She really wasn't allowed to have snacks this late and just before bed, "Yuki has a figure skating tournament soon."