Chapter 11

"Hating something you love is a painful feeling."

—Kuroko Tetsuya

The Empress | Chapter 11

"Now starting, the Teams Shuffle of Court 3 vs. Court 5 will commence. Will the seven players from each side please line up." Itaru said though the speakers. "The first match, from the fifth Court. The ruthlessly unparalleled Iceman, Krauser Liliadent."

"Who's that guy?"

"An annoying bastard!" Kirihara replied, still feeling bitter about the foreigner who crucified him during the national semi-finals.

"He's a transfer student of the prestigious Nagoya Seitoku and was even named as one of the Jr. Representatives of Japan." Tachibana provided.

"How fitting that he has the resolution for fighting in battle," Tezuka stated, quite impressed.

"I still can't believe he's only a 1st year though," Chitose said rather dryly.

His bald teammate smiled, "We also have a first-year with unbelievable power in our school."

"...what is that bastard looking at?" Kirihara frowned, following the foreigner's line of slight.

The rest followed his example. Their eyes landed on the beauty, who was staring back at Krauser. She was leaning against the railing of her balcony, palming her cheeks with an unreadable look. She looked like a picture from a fairy tale with her long hair flowing with the wind, wearing a simple white off-the-shoulders sundress with black strings to create a strong contrast. To match, she had a choker-like material around her neck with the same black string. Her hair was held up in a tight twin bun hairstyle with the same white and black string material.

 Her hair was held up in a tight twin bun hairstyle with the same white and black string material

(Above is Fuyuki's dress and choker.)

"Kaiserin." Liliadent nodded his head in her direction.

From the distance, Fuyuki couldn't quite hear what he said despite her perfect hearing. But based on what her lip-reading ability said, she was mildly surprised to discover he said one of her many names in Germany. She smirked inwardly before putting her hands around her mouth and said, "Good luck!" 'you'll need it' went unsaid. She was satisfied with the widening of his silverish-blue eyes as she turned around and went back inside her room. The girl was happy with her room; it was a bit small but had the perfect view to watch the Teams Shuffle matches.

Unknown to her, when she turned her back, the blond-haired male's cheeks dusted rosy as he composed himself to face his opponent. He wasn't used to being cheered up by the opposite sex. Or if he had been, he hasn't noticed.

The rest of the observers frowned. Why would she cheer for him? Did he know her beforehand?

Their questions remained unanswered as the match began.