Dehydration and Gwen

"Wait ... What?"

"Dehydration, sir. She must have not drank very much yesterday"

"So, she's fine?"

"She's on a drip. But she's out tomorrow morning"

I sighed in relief as he opened the office door and showed me out. I shook the doctors hand and thanked him a million times. I went to reception and asked where I could find her.

"What's your relation to Miss Padilla?"

I hesitated at the question and how ironic it was. That's what I wanted to talk about with her. Where do we stand? If were strictly house mates, we need to stop waking up in each other's beds. But if were more ...

"Urm, housemate and friend"

"Okay ..." She tpyed away on her computer. "Room 104, level 3"

I nodded as I made my way for the stairs. I turned a corner and up some stairs, until a body stopped me. Papers hit the floor with a force.

"I'm so sorry"

"It's okay" I looked up to see who the soft voice belonged too. Her short white hair and ice blue eyes, making me instantly.

"Sheriff" I murmured.

"Charles, I told you. It's Gwen" She smiled. I laugh nervously as I handed the papers back to her.

"Why are you here this early?"

"My dad, he's back in!" She laughed again. "What about you?"

"Ur, visiting a friend" I replied.

"Well, hope they get well. See ya"

I gave a half effort wave as we went different directions. I continued down the hall and found her room. Hearing nothing from within but seeing a light, I knocked gently on the door.

"Come in"

I slowly opened the door to see Talia sat in bed eating breakfast. She smiled as we made eye contact and I closed the door. I leaned against it as she wiped her mouth and giggled a little. She swung her legs out of the bed and wheeled the drip over with her. She stood nervously a foot away from me as she tried to hid the drip behind her. I took a step forward and put my hands on either side of her face, tilting her head up to me.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

She furrowed her eyebrows before I connected our lips. I held her face gently as she put one hand in my hair and the other around my waist. I slid my hands down and pulled her closer by the waist. We pulled away and I rested my forehead on hers as she laughed lightly.

"You don't need to be sorry" She smiled.

"Talia-" She put her finger to my lips and slowly pulled her hand away.

She struggled out of my grip playfully and sat back down on the bed, swinging her legs.

"Do you know when I'm out?"

"Tomorrow morning" I smiled lightly.

"Charles, please don't blame yourself" She insisted, holding my hands.

I lowered my head into my hands with my elbows on my knees. I let a tear escape as I tried to calm my breath. She lifted my head and sat on my lap. She stroked my head as I faced away from her but kept a hold of her.

"I'm fine Charles, please. Don't cry over me, ever" She whispered in my ear.