Bubble bath

She sent me home. She literally had to push me out the door. Telling me to get a good nights rest. Though we both knew I wouldn't, she insisted. Instead, I went shopping. I told the staff not to bother and have a good night out, considering I'll be up most the night.

I bought the essentials like food. Duh! But mainly ... Bubble bath! She happened to mention once that she never had a bubble bath. So I got her some, with tea light candles and some stupid girly book she might enjoy, I don't know. Even rose petals ...

It was 9PM when I got back, so I had the choice to pick her up. Instead, I sent Jason. He insisted at least one person stay behind. So he watched the football match while waiting. I sent him to pick up Talia as I ran the bubble bath for her. The maids set out a new bed sheet while I lit candles and spread them out across her room with the petals.

I heard the car pull into the driveway as I walked down the stairs. The front door opened and I saw a more vibrant Talia than the first day I met her. Jason handed her bag to me as she ran upstairs past me. I opened the door to see her already enjoying the new smell and feel of fresh sheets across her bed.

"Like it?" I asked.

"Very much" She sighed, sinking into it.

"Not too quickly" I insisted, pulling her from the bed.

"I had a shower before I left the hospital-"

I opened the door and she stopped speaking. Little tea light candles decorated the edge of the sunken bath. The window curtains drawn back to see the dazzling lights of the city.

"Is this for me?" She asked, turning around in my arms.

"Of course" I smiled. She grabbed my collar and pulled me in for a kiss. I nearly melted into it before I remembered what I wanted to talk about. I pulled away and shook my head hesitantly as she gave me a weird look.

"Believe me Talia, I want this-"

"Then have it" She whispered, titling my head up to her.

"It's what I wanted to talk about with you, but then that happened ..."

"You don't get it, do you Charles?" She giggled.

I leaned my back against the door as I raised my eyebrow at her.

"No matter how complecating this gets ..." She stood up and put her hands on my chest, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"I still want you..." She whispered, inches from my lips. I slammed my lips on hers and pulled her towards me. I stood up fully and deepened the kiss. We pulled away for a breather as I leaned my head on the door.

"We'll talk later about it, enjoy your bath"

I kissed her on the neck a few times as she wiggled in my arms and I left the bathroom.