Charles

I coughed lightly, catching her attention. She glanced at me. She freaked out by not catching the pancake as it landed on the floor. I laughed as she picked it up and threw it in the bin.

"I did not mean to intrude on your cooking time Talia" I exclaimed

" Oh ,*giggle* sorry, about the pancake Mr Lorenzo-"

"Please, Charles is my name when we are outside of business"

"Of course, Charles? That's a nice name." She replied, placing the dirty pans in the sink.

"Please, my maids can do that"

I reached for her hands and pulled them out from the warm water. I felt her flinch slightly when I first held them, but she relaxed. We stood their for a few seconds while I dried her hands with a towel. I noticed she had scratches and small bruises on her hands. I rubbed my thumb slowly over one of the fresh wounds as she winced.

"Sorry, I can get a maid to attend to your wounds if you'd like?" I asked.

She nodded. I asked one of maids to attend to her wounds. As she was getting escorted from the kitchen, I leaned against the workbench exhausted.

"Oh, Charles-"

"Yes, Talia"

"I want to speak with you tomorrow please"

"Of course" I nodded my head in response.

She obviously didn't leave today. I could tell. And for whatever reason she decided to stay tonight. And when she spoke to me. She sounded like a possible choice for my job opening.

****

I don't know why I put such sort chapters, I just do.

Thank you Ellarianora for reading and giving feedback in person! <3

And you too guys! you know who you are ;)