VI

It took only a few seconds for Hyungwon to recognize Hoseok

It took only a few seconds for Hyungwon to recognize Hoseok. The usual happy and bright kid looked lost and sad, sitting in the entrance hall of the hospital.

Why would he be here?

He took a glance at his parents, before slowly walking over to Hoseok, who was still surprised about seeing Hyungwon there.

The lanky kid surprised him even more by coming over to him.

Hoseok had to look up at an unnatural ankle, to meet Hyungwon's eyes.

"What are you doing here?", they asked in unison. Hyungwon smiled a bit, looking at his feet now.

"Well, long and sad story that I wouldn't want to bother you with", Hoseok replied, standing up from the bench. "Your parents are home?"

Hyungwon looked over to the two adults, who didn't even notice that their son wasn't standing with them anymore.

"Yeah", he mumbled.

As Hoseok watched Hyungwon's parents from afar, he had a slight idea why the boy hadn't replied to him the past few days. Both suited in business clothes and wearing stoic expressions on their faces, they looked like the stereotype of strict and old fashioned parents.

He wanted to ask him what he was doing with Doctor Park but thought it was better to let Hyungwon tell him if he felt comfortable with him knowing.

The look on Hyungwon's face was hard to read for Hoseok. The boy had his eyes wide open, looking slightly scared. He bit his lip so hard that it turned white. Over all he looked troubled.
Hoseok remembered Hyungwon's bright smile during his work with the children and found himself wanting to see that again.

"Hey. Are you busy today?", Hyungwon's head snapped back to him, blushing as he realized that he had zoned out on Hoseok.

"My- my parents will go back to China today. I'm free after they leave", somehow Hoseok thought that there was a double meaning behind the word 'free'.

"Great! Text me your address, I'll pick you up and we do something friends do!", Hoseok smiled at him brightly, not giving him a chance to say anything more as he turned on the spot and left the hospital.

______

"What are you doing?", Kihyun asked him as Hoseok stood in a pile of clothes.

He had texted Hyungwon a few minutes ago, agreeing to pick him up around 3:30 pm.

Now he had trouble choosing what to wear.

"The last time I saw you like that was before your date with this girl from your last workplace", Kihyun laughed, throwing himself on Hoseok's bed.

"It's not a date", Hoseok sighed, placing yet another shirt on the 'not wearable' pile.

"And to your information, it's a boy I'm meeting."

Kihyun looked surprised at that. "You know, that's not an excuse for not having a date."

"Seriously, it's not a date and I'm not gay!"

With that the next pair of clothes landed on the floor.

"Well you fussing over what to wear makes it look so gay and definitely like a date."

Hoseok threw the next best thing he could get his hands on at his friend, what happened to be a pair of skinny jeans.

"Gay aswell", Kihyun muttered, throwing the jeans back.

After countless of outfits he tried, Hoseok settled with a pair of black jeans and a dark navy button up shirt, some white nikes and a cap.

"Why are you even home so early? Shouldn't you meet up with Jooheon after school?", Hoseok asked, grabbing his jacket, backpack and the car keys. "Can I use the car?"

"Jooheon got detention for sleeping in history and yes you can have it", Kihyun looked at his phone, typing away hurriedly.

Bless Kihyun and his rich parents.

"Be safe! Use protection!"

Screw Kihyun, just bless his parents.