XIV

Hoseok went home after his shift at the Kindergarden with a dark mood

What should he do? His life had been out of control for as long as Hoseok could remember but it got to a whole new level now.

He would be going to the 'Moonshine Bar' again tonight and he felt already terrible about it.

Moody, he opened the door and threw his backpack onto the next best thing he found.

Thankfully Kihyun wasn't home yet. Hoseok wasn't ready to explain how he lost yet another job and he sure as hell wouldn't tell him about his new one.

He wished he could see Hyungwon now. Sure, he had seen him at work but it had been awkward and stiff and Hoseok feared that the younger knew he was hiding something.

His parents being home didn't help either. Maybe Hoseok could just go over to him and greet his parents as a friend? They couldn't be that heartless and not allow their son to have a friend over, could they?

But Hyungwon had always been quiet when it came to his parents and Hoseok thought that had something to do with their unexpected meeting at the hospital.

_______

The days went by and Kihyun started to worry again.

He noticed how Hoseok was even more sleep deprived than usual and he had started to skip meals. His friend had gotten thinner in a short amount of time as well and that scared Kihyun.

He didn't see him as often as before and Kihyun knew that he wasn't meeting Hyungwon, but was out til late at night.

Kihyun knew Hoseok well. At least he had thought so. He knew that the boy carried a lot on his shoulders and the death of his father was one reason for it, but he stopped talking about his family a long time ago.

After he dropped out of highschool Kihyun hadn't seen him for months, until one night Hoseok stood in front of his apartment.

Without any explanation he had taken his best friend in and he had never questioned him about it.

Minhyuk had warned him how he trusted Hoseok too blindly, but Kihyun never saw a reason not to.

But things changed and Kihyun asked himself whether Minhyuk could've been right the whole time. Something was bothering Hoseok, something serious and he would find out what it was.

______

Hoseok himself didn't really notice the change in his behavior. He was walking around on autopilot.

Whenever he worked at the Kindergarden he missed Hyungwon to death and at the car wash he hoped to see the boy pass by.

At night he couldn't help but compare everyone he flirted with to Hyungwon, only to realize that no one could reach up to his standard.

With all the stress he forgot to eat and Youngjae scolded him each night how his clothes didn't fit him any longer but Hoseok couldn't afford it to buy himself something new.

It was Wednesday again and Hoseok stood in front of the hospital, ready to break down any minute.

His hands began to sweat and his vision got blurry as he stepped through the automatic doors. He went up to the elevators, completely obvious to his surroundings.

Hoseok didn't even realize how someone called his name.

_____
Double update because I felt like it & all your comments really encourage me to publish faster! 💫
You guys are amazing!