XVI

Weeks went by again and Hoseok had told all his friends what was going on

He had to live through rough days, sitting beside his mother as her heart stopped beating. The only thing keeping him sane was the firm grip of Hyungwon's hand.

The funeral was held with a small group of people, everyone giving Hoseok their love and help.

Kihyun and him talked a lot and the two friends were happy that the secrets between them were now cleared.

Hoseok and Hyungwon were closer than ever, the two got almost inseparable.

"I've got an idea", Kihyun said one day as the two sat together for breakfast.

Hoseok was sulking a bit because Hyungwon's parents were home again and he wouldn't be able to see the boy for the next two weeks.

He had quit all his jobs except the one at the Kindergarden, not needing the money anymore. Hoseok wouldn't miss the club or the other mini jobs anyway. He could finally sleep and eat normally again, being back to his usual bright and happy self.

The loss of his mother was still fresh and saddened him greatly but his friends had helped him seeing it as a fresh start for him. Something his mother would've wanted.

"Why don't you come to school with me?", Kihyun asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"And do what?", Hoseok replied, not looking up. He felt tired, not wanting to lift his head from his arms.

"Come back to school with Minhyuk, me and the others"

That got Hoseok's attention. Wouldn't it be too late for him to go back to highschool? Kihyun was already in his senior year.

"I don't think that's a good idea", he mumbled, getting up and placing his plait in the sink.

"It is! Think how much time you'll get to spent with Hyungwon!", Kihyun grinned, knowing how much the younger effected Hoseok by now.

And just as he planned, the mention of Hyungwon got his attention.

_______

A few hours later Hoseok was wearing the schools uniform, a dark blue blazer and a red tie, standing in front of his old principal.

"I know why you dropped out of school and I will make an exception for you, Shin Hoseok. You will be allowed to redo your senior year but I'll put you in some easier classes since you have to work extra hard to pass your finals."

Hoseok bowed deeply, showing his thankfulness.

"Kihyun will be waiting outside to walk you to your first class. You may go now. Good luck boy."

"Thank you."

Hoseok exited the office with a fast beating heart, not really believing what he just did.

Others would be happy to stay away from highschool and he had just put himself back into hell.

Kihyun waited for him, smiling.

"Welcome back", he grinned from ear to ear, happy to have his best friend back.

He put an arm around his shoulder. "You ready to replay that one time in freshman year when we stole the food of that snobby kid?"

"Oh please I'm a responsible young man now", Hoseok proudly said, straightening his tie.

"Shut up and never say that again", Kihyun laughed.

They stopped in front of a room. "That's the beginners class for advanced math", Kihyun said, smiling cheekily, "you'll love that one."

Hoseok scrunched up his nose as he heard the name. "I hate math."

"Oh but you love Hyungwon."

Before he could say anything else Kihyun had knocked on the door and a young teacher opened it, welcoming the two students with a smile.

"Good morning Miss Choi, I'm bringing the new student", Kihyun bowed and pushed Hoseok forward.

"Bye", he whispered, still grinning.

"Come on in", the female teacher said, laying a hand on Hoseok's shoulder.

The students in the room began whispering immediately.

The girls started giggling and the boys shot him angry glares.

"Please introduce yourself!"

"I'm Shin Hoseok, please take good care of me", he bowed slightly, not bothering with the different looks he got.

One certain boy looked up surprised. His dark, innocent eyes round and his mouth agape.

Hoseok searched for Hyungwon and as their eyes met his lips broke into a wide smile.

Kihyun was right. He'd definitely love this class.

_____
I feel like I kinda rushed things here but I really wanted to get started with the 'Hoseok going back to school' part of the story.
We'll get to know a bit more about Hyungwon and his family now and Hyungwonho will finally rise 🌱

Oh and we all know that it's not that easy to redo some years in highschool .... but let's pretend it is!