XXVII

The way to Hyungwon's house felt longer than Hoseok remembered

It had started to rain and the two had been running the last few minutes.

Hoseok was sitting on Hyungwon's bed now, waiting for the other boy to return with new clothes and a towel. He recognized Hyungwon's demanding side again, the one he had shown him after the Basketball match.

The blonde couldn't stop fiddling with his fingers. He looked down nervously, biting his lip.

"Stop that, Pabo. You'll open the cut again", Hoseok looked up, getting the towel Hyungwon threw at him in the face.

"Yah! I'm your hyung", Hoseok whined and began to dry his hair.

"But you don't act like it right now", Hyungwon replied, sitting down beside him.

Hoseok knew that he acted like a baby, but he was scared and Shin Hoseok just wasn't used to it.

"I'll tell you something afterwards as well", Hyungwon smiled, laying a hand on Hoseok's knee. The older grabbed it, intertwining their fingers.

With a deep breath, he began to speak.

"Before I got the job at the Kindergarden, I used to go to the jobcenter to check on the job offers. I met Yoo Youngjae there.

We began talking since we used to go to the same school. Somehow he and I ended up in a bar, completely drunk and he began telling me about his little brother being ill. Youngjae's family couldn't effort their house anymore and he wanted to help.

He told me about his job at a bar. Pretty shady and a place where you just don't want to be.

After I lost the job at my friend's cafe, I didn't know what to do. So I called Yoo Youngjae."

Hoseok didn't dare to look up. Avoiding Hyungwon's eyes he began to play with their intertwined fingers.

"The people there flirted with me. Tried to kiss me and ... other stuff. Most of the time I was able to talk them out of it. My boss didn't like it whenever he noticed."

Hyungwon was terribly quiet, which bought tears to Hoseok's eyes.

He didn't even want to imagine how his face looked right now. The younger was probably disgusted with him.

"I'm sorry. Someone like me ...", Hoseok gulped down his tears, "I should probably go."

"Stay."

That made Hoseok look up and he saw something he never thought he would.

Hyungwon smiled at him.

"I know what you think", he said in a small, yet warm and calming voice.  "You were afraid of me. Of me leaving you?"

Hoseok just nodded.

"You were desperate and afraid. That doesn't make you a bad person. You are a good person Hoseok and I will not leave you, if you won't leave me."

A single tear slid down Hoseok's now confused face. Why would he leave Hyungwon?

"When I was younger, I fell in love with a boy", Hyungwon said, his smile still there but somehow turning into a sad and bitter one.

Hoseok's eyes widened.

"I didn't know what was wrong with me. It wasn't normal to fall in love with another boy. I asked my mother for advice and she beat me for it. She told me I was sick and needed someone who'll talk me out of 'this'.

I began my therapy with Doctor Park. My parents pay her to 'make me normal again'.

Over the years I got an depression which is the real reason for me having therapy now. Doctor Park doesn't see a problem in me being gay. She is rather helping me with getting happy again now.

It's pathetic. All I ever needed to be happy was you."

Hoseok was speechless. That was the reason for Hyungwon being at the hospital? What kind of parents would do something like this?

"Why did you never tell me? That you have an depression?", Hoseok's voice was shaking with all the different emotions he was feeling right now.

"Because now I don't have one anymore. It disappeared as soon as you came into my life. That day, when I found my courage to talk to you, was the day I began to be happy again."

Hoseok wrapped his arms around Hyungwon, burying his face into the tallers neck.

"Pabo, I'd never leave you", Hyungwon murmured, his voice muffled by Hoseok's sweater.

"Did you think I'd leave you?"

Hyungwon thought for a second.

"I think there was a part of me who did, yeah. But mostly I feared that you wouldn't feel the same."

"Pabo", Hoseok chuckled, feeling relieved and lightheaded.

With his arms still around the younger, Hoseok asked the last question he was unnecessarily still afraid of.

"Does that mean that you want to be my Boyfriend then?"

Much to Hoseok's surprise, the younger began to laugh. He freed himself out of Hoseok's grip, looking at him with a large smile.

"Yah! I practically confessed to you a second ago! Of course I want to!"

His smile faltered a bit and he looked down as he bit his lip.

"I really like you Hyung. I think I've fallen for you ever since you looked at me after I woke you up at work."

Now Hoseok was the one to smile like an idiot. Without hesitation he leaned forwards and placed his lips on Hyungwon's.

"I really like you too. How could I not?"

____

I'm looking too many dramas lately.
Whaaa this was fluffy and overly dramatic but I hope I didn't mess up too much 😂