III

Hoseok ran down the street to his next job, which was at the local café

He arrived there just on time, beginning his shift immediately.

During those few hours he messed up three iced americano, what his boss thought to be 'impossible' and gave two customers the wrong change.

To say Hoseok was bad as a barista would be an understatement. How he had managed to get the job was still a mystery to him. It had been the perfect example of an a-friend-knowing-a-friend deal. But said friend wouldn't be able to do anything for Hoseok anymore if he didn't start being a better employee.

When his shift came to an end, Hoseok was dead tired. It was already dark out but he knew he had to meet up with Kihyun now, if he didn't want to fight with his best friend.

He ended up running again, a situation that had become normal to him.

Sweaty and out of breath he opened the door to their shared apartment. Kihyun was sitting at the couch cross legged, watching some TV show.

"There you are! How was work?", he asked happily, eating a cookie.

Other people would be annoyed, because Hoseok's days were always busy and left him dead tired. Kihyun asking him so carefree didn't change that but to Hoseok it had a calming effect.

He loved coming home to his best friend, who was waiting for him. Kihyun was family to Hoseok. To see him happy and carefree was all he could wish for.

"Busy, but good", he gave his usual reply, throwing his backpack on the floor.

"Are you ready to go? Minhyuk will hold a grudge if we are late."

"And damn can that kid hold grudges!"

_______

Hoseok decided to stay away from any kind of alcohol that night.

Kihyun and his other friends were somewhere on the dancefloor, probably already drunk as hell. Minhyuk's house was packed with people as usual.

Some tall and dark haired guy passed the corner in which Hoseok was seated and he reminded him of his encounter with Hyungwon this morning. The boy grabbed his phone and started scrolling through his contacts.

Hyungwon

Hoseok smiled at the new and simple contact. Compared to his friends, who were saved as something ridiculous like Tinie-Kihyunnie or Piglet, Hyunhwon's simple one looked almost out of place.

To Hyungwon - 11:34 pm:
________
hey it's hoseok from work :)
maybe we could go to the new ice cream shop near the kindergarden next week?
are you free on monday?

Hoseok send the text with a smile and stuffed his phone back into his pockets, not really expecting a reply in the middle of the night.

But to his surprise, just as he was about to go and check up on Kihyun, his phone vibrated.

With furrowed eyebrows he fished it out again, reading the message on the lit screen.

From Hyungwon - 11:39 pm:
______
maybe we could meet right now?
at the convenience store

Convenience store?, Hoseok thought. There was more than just one in Seoul.

Before he could write his question his phone vibrated again.

From Hyungwon - 11:40 pm:
______
sry the one two blocks away from the kindergarden

Hoseok smiled again, picturing the lanky kid all nervous as he had written the text.

Throwing all his thoughts about how early he had to get up for work tomorrow over board, Hoseok typed:

To Hyungwon - 11:40 pm:
_____
be there in 10.