XXXIV

After Hoseok told the story of his night, everyone decided it was best to leave him to rest

After Hoseok told the story of his night, everyone decided it was best to leave him to rest. His fever was still high and his chest felt like it was on fire.

He couldn't remember much of last night after he had fallen into the water, everything was a blur.

"Why do I always have to worry about you?", Hyungwon asked in a small voice, sitting down next to his boyfriend after shutting the door behind Kihyun and the others.

Hyungwon drew his fingers through Hoseok's hair, staring at his gorgeous face.

"I bet you are already sick of me, aren't you?", Hoseok whispered back, stroking Hyungwon's cheek.

Hyungwon smiled, kissing him quickly.

"To fall in love with you was the best thing that could've happened to me. I - I guess I kinda needed you? I dunno. I'm just happy."

"You ... you are in love with me?"

Hoseok was so busy staring at the younger, that he didn't notice the door opening again.

"What do you boys know about love?"

As soon as Hoseok heard the voice, he tried to move away from Hyungwon, but surprisingly his boyfriend stayed where he was.

Mrs. Chae was standing in the doorway, her arms crossed before her chest. Hoseok would describe her gaze as ... deadly? He was afraid as hell of that woman.

"Mother", Hyungwon said, his voice firm and demanding. Hoseok held his breath, "I don't care what you or father think of what's right and wrong. I don't care that you don't want me to be together with another boy. Seeing him last night, whining and tossing around in his sleep. I don't want to be separated from him. Ever."

"You'll listen to me", Mrs. Chae's voice hollered through the house, "you'll never see this boy again or any other of these ... friends ... of yours. How old are you? Do you really believe you know anything about being in love?"

"He certainly doesn't know it from this family", a second voice joined in and Mrs. Chae's expression went from furious to shocked.

Minho stood in the doorway, his father behind him.

"Minho-", the woman asked in disbelief, looking at her oldest son.

"I've never told you this, but maybe this is the perfect opportunity", Minho said, almost looking like he waited for this moment his whole life, "I don't work for this big business company in China, like I always told you. Since I was young, I had the dream to open up a coffee shop. Do you remember what you told me?"

Mrs. Chae seemed like a fish on dry land.

"You said that I should follow a real dream. Something that would make the family proud and me rich."

Hoseok didn't dare to say a word. He just searched for Hyungwon's hand, fearing for what would happen at the end of this conversation.

"But let me tell you one thing Mother. I don't need to be rich and I don't need you to be proud of me, because I'm happy with my life. The only reason I never told you was that I do believe that you love me, in some kind of way."

Mrs. Chae still looked completely frozen. She looked from Minho to Hyungwon and back. Her husband was looking down at the floor.

"I- I", she stuttered, Mr. Chae coming to her side. Tears were slowly slipping down her cheeks. Hoseok almost felt sorry for the woman.

"Maybe I should go", Hoseok whispered, but Hyungwon shook his head. He was pale and seemed to be in some sort of shock as well.

"No. Please stay. Your fever is still high."

__________

Days went by. Hoseok had gone home a day after Minho's big speech. He hadn't seen Hyungwon's mother since then.

It was a friday and Hyungwon's first day back. He had stayed home, trying to sort things out.

Hoseok was nervous. His boyfriend hadn't spoken to him much since then and he didn't know whether Mrs. Chae had a sudden change of heart or if they had decided to move cities. Hoseok had imagined the worst kind of things during his sleepless nights.

As soon as he set foot on the school grounds, he started looking for the tall boy.

He muttered under his breath countless of curses, the most directed at his best friend and roommate. As usual Hoseok was late again, because Kihyun decided to stay the night at Minhyuk's and failed to tell him.

"Hoseok!"

He froze in his place immediately, looking around until he laid eyes on Hyungwon.

What he saw almost let him go down on his knees.

Hyungwon gave him the biggest smile Hoseok had seen for a while.

That smile.

The smile that had made him fall in love with Chae Hyungwon.

They looked at each other, knowing that everything would be alright.

Knowing that all they needed were each other.

Knowing that the love for the other had been unavoidable.

________

Wha .... it's kinda disappointing to think that this is the end.

Well it kinda is but then isn't?

There will be some bonus chapters ahead of you.

They will feature a tale about how Cha Eunwoo got into detention and some first dates ...

I have them already written.
Hope you stay tuned for that!