XXVIII

Hoseok couldn't fall asleep that night

The two had cuddled on the bed and talked for what seemed like hours. Somewhere in between Hyungwon had fallen asleep.

The blonde just stayed still, Hyungwon's head rested on his chest, his arm was slung around his stomach. Hoseok couldn't help but stare at the boy.

Everything seemed too good to be true.

There he was, smiling happily with the boy he loved in his arms, admiring his beautiful face.

Hyungwon knew about his old job now and Hoseok knew about his visits to the hospital. He didn't have to fear Jaebum and the others again and most certainly his worry about Hyungwon was forgotten now.

He was fine. Hoseok was fine. They were together and happy.

Hoseok couldn't believe it. Since when was he so lucky?

He traced Hyungwon's face with his hand, still amazed that he was officially able to do it. Hoseok leaned down, pressing a light kiss on his hair.

"I don't even just like you", he whispered, "I think I already love you."

With that he closed his eyes, finally falling asleep.

_______

"No please, it's not how it looks like."

"Chae Hyungwon!"

Hoseok's eyes flew open as soon as he heard a high pitched scream. Out of reflexes he startled away from Hyungwon, only to fall on the floor with a loud thud, landing on his butt painfully.

Thankfully for once his brain was awake by the second, allowing him to realize what was going on.

Hyungwon was sitting up in the bed, the covers showing all of his upper body. His shirt was slightly tugged upwards, revealing his side. Hoseok would've found the sight very sexy, if it wasn't for the woman, dressed in a straight business suit, standing before the bed.

She had her hair in a bun, just how Hoseok had seen her the last time and the stoic expression was the same too. Miss Chae had her arms crossed before her, a frightening glare directed at Hoseok.

Hoseok felt panic rise in his chest but tried to stay cool.

"Miss Chae", he forced a smile, his voice was deep and raspy from sleep, "nice to see you again. I must've fallen asleep. I'm sorry."