VIII

It was already dark as they decided to go back home

Barely five minutes into the drive, Hoseok looked over and Hyungwon had fallen asleep.

He let him, turning the music down to a low whisper and started humming along to it quietly.

After an hour he arrived at Hyungwon's place, shutting off the engine and looking over at the boy again.

He had slumped down in his seat, his head resting on his left shoulder.

Hoseok didn't know that a guy could be so beautiful. In fact he had never thought a guy to be beautiful before.
But something in Hyungwon had Hoseok intrigued with the boy.

He slowly looked away, staring into the nights darkness for a minute, trying to sort his thoughts out.

It was true what he had said to Kihyun this morning. Hoseok wasn't gay. Never questioned it either.

With another deep sigh he decided that he had bigger problems as having troubles with his sexuality.

______

"How was your date?", Kihyun greeted him as soon as he opened the door, sitting on the couch with Minhyuk. "Is the car still moving?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes, throwing himself beside Minhyuk on the couch.

"The car is fine and yes I had a nice day with a friend."

"You should've seen him preparing to meet that so called friend", Kihyun told Minhyuk excitedly, waving his hands around. Hoseok groaned annoyed, trying to sort his hair and threw his cap at Kihyun.

"Yah! Why do you always throw things at me?"

"Shut up! Hyungwon and I went to-", Minhyuk's eyes shot at Hoseok, leaning over from his slumped position.

"Chae Hyungwon? That tall and shy kid? He's in my math class! How in hell do you know him?", Minhyuk asked, his words almost becoming one so fast was his speaking.

"Hyungwon? I think I have history with him", Kihyun joined in, "but he doesn't talk to anyone."

Hoseok had already thought about Hyungwon going to school with his friends. It was the only private school in their district and all rich kids went there. He had once been there himself.

"He talks to me tho", Hoseok replied smugly, "he is helping at the Kindergarden after school."

"I will ask him whether you two went on a date or not. I'm sure he'll answer truthfully!", Kihyun smirked.

"No!", Hoseok almost shouted, his friends looking at him surprised. "That will be weird. You'll scare him off!"

"Fine, fine, calm down!", Minhyuk laughed, taking a sip of his coke, "I doubt he'd talk to any of us anyways."

"Why tho? He said he'd talk if someone approached him first." Hoseok snapped the coke away from his friend, taking a sip himself.

"A lot of people have tried but he usually runs away. Something must be different with you."

"A date indeed."

"Shut up!"

______

That night a message arrived again.

Chat with 'Hyungwon' - 11:56 pm:
_______

are you still awake hyung?

sure am
what's up?

I really enjoyed today. thank you
sorry that I forced you into viking

you didn't force me!
kihyun dragging me out of bed,
that is forcing

you talk fondly about him.
you must like him a lot

he's my best friend
I owe him a lot

sounds nice.
I hope we can get such
close friends aswell

is that creepy?
you don't even know me

The sudden question confused Hoseok. Did Hyungwon think he was a burden to him?

We are friends
I'll tell you everything you want to know

we see each other at work tmr?

yeah
good night hyung

good night hyungwon
✅✅ read, 00:14 am

Hoseok fell asleep with a smile on his lips.