XXIII

"Give me your arm", Hyungwon demanded and Hoseok was taken aback by his strong voice

Hyungwon wouldn't let Hoseok out of his sight during their walk home, constantly asking the older whether he was fine or not.

He dragged him to his home, thanking his parents for not being home in his mind.

Hyungwon had disappeared for a second before coming back with a wet towel and some ointment.

"Sit down", he demanded again, making Hoseok obey without hesitation.

He wasn't used to that side of Hyungwon and had been completely obvious to it even existing.

Hoseok sat down on the couch silently, giving Hyungwon his arm which was now covered in dried blood.

The taller sat down beside him, taking his arm in his lap, careful not to cause him any pain.

Even if he had some, Hoseok would be too busy staring at Hyungwon's face to notice it.

His heart began to race and he quickly looked at Hyungwon's hands.

The delicate fingers were slowly going over the small scratches, wiping away the blood.

Hoseok found himself wondering whether those perfect, thin fingers were able to play the piano he had seen standing in the hallway or how they'd feel when Hyungwon would bury them in Hoseok's blonde hair.

Hoseok's cheeks began burning and he looked away completely, turning his gaze to the white floor.

How much time would it take Mrs. Chae to keep the carpet that white?

"I should stay away from you in school."

Hoseok almost didn't hear his voice. His eyes snapped back up to Hyungwon's face, seeing tears slowly making their way down the youngers cheeks. The demanding behavior gone.

He had always hated seeing Hyungwon cry but now Hoseok felt like he was the cause of it.

"Stop", he gently took the wet towel out of Hyungwon's grip and placed his both hands on the others.

"This was not your fault. I chose to play this stupid game with them. My temper got the best of me."

Hoseok tilted his head, trying to look at Hyungwon's face which he was hiding now.

"Stop this as well", Hoseok tried to gather all his courage and placed a hand on Hyungwon's cheek.

"Stop hiding from me."