You hate her?

Parker's POV:

"FAMILY MEETING!" Mom yelled as she held an iPad. She was face timing dad. He was involved. Maddie and Diggie sat down next to each other. Willow and Joey next to each other and Ruby and Liv next to each other. Aunt Dina came in.
"Oh it's my 2nd family meeting! I'll go get the gong." She said.
"Not this time Dina." Mom explained. They sat down.
"The house is done!" Mom said excitedly. We all broke into conversations.
"Ok. I know Joey and Maddie are staying for college and Liv you have to do.." She said.
"Sing it Louder!!" Mom sang.
"But Parker, you are staying at Wisconsin. You are not going to B.O.O.M.S anymore." Mom explained. I felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks.
"What?! No mom, Mars Madness is next week! I have to be in it! Me and Val already designed a project!" I said.
"Parker , you're allowed to go to the the Bio-Dome." Dad said through the iPad. I was getting more mad.
"I'm talking about Mars Madness Dad!" I explained.
"When are we leaving?" I asked.
"Next week." Aunt Dina said.
"What?! No! I'm missing the challenge! Me and Val worked too hard on the project!" I yelled.
"Honey, there are plenty of other fish in the sea at Wisconsin. Val, she is just a normal girl. You'll find another girl." Mom said rubbing my arm. I jumped back.
"What? Mom, no one in Wisconsin gets me like the kids at B.O.O.M.S do. No one gets or likes science the way Val does!" I said.
"I'm just the idiot nerd in Wisconsin. Here, Val gets me. She likes science. Like me." I said my voice returning to normal.
"Karen... I think we should let Parker stay for Mars Madness." Dad said.
"No no. My baby is coming home with me. Let Val go honey. There are more, and frankly, better girls than her." Mom said. Right there, I lost it.

Ruby's POV:

Val walked in as soon as Auntie Karen began her sentence. She heard everything. I nudged Liv and I gestured towards where Val was standing. Val was there shocked expression. She stood there. Liv's eyes widened and soon, Joey, Maddie, Willow, and Diggie saw Val standing there. I wanted to walk up to her. Comfort her. But what could I do?

Liv and Maddie's POV
(L=Liv and M=Maddie)

L- Oh no! Val is standing right there! She just heard what mom said!

M-Woah. This just got real. When did mom get like this? Why did she hate Val?

Joey's POV:

Mom hates Val?! How? When Val first came over to our house, Mom was all
(In love cartoon character voice)
"Oh my! Aren't you Just a peach? Look how beautiful you are! And oh my, you are so sweet and kind!You volunteer at an animal shelter? How sweet!" What changed her mind?

Aunt Dina's POV:

Karen is channeling all the negative energy to her. She is saying horrible things about Val. The negativity, I see her aura has changed from orange to black!

Diggie's POV:

When did Mrs. Rooney started judging? From my experiences, when starting as Maddie's boyfriend, she didn't care who I was. She just cares that I loved her and I made her happy. And now, she was judging who her youngest son had a crush on? Val is such a sweet and nice girl, from what Madds has told me. Why did Mrs. Rooney say that about Val? Why, does Mrs. Rooney hate Val?

Willow's POV:

Man, Mrs. Rooney just straight on harshly judged Val Wishart. And she heard it! Val is standing right there Mrs.Rooney! Stop judging the poor girl, she is right there! Yeesh, she took a turn from nice to judge mental.

Parker's POV:

"Better girls than Val? There is no one better than her! Why did you get so judgmental?! Mom, Val is really nice! There is no one nicer than her! Ok, and I admit it. I have a crush on her. Mom. Why?! Would you say that about Diggie or Willow? No! But you decide to do it to me? What did Val do to you that you hate her?!" I yelled at her. I didn't care if Mom looked hurt, she just insulted Val.
"Parker..." Mom said quietly.
"No! Why do you hate her?!" I yelled louder. Liv, Maddie, Willow, Diggie, and Joey were wide eyed. Staring back and forth between me and mom.
"Mom, why would you insult Val like that?" Maddie said
"Yeah, you said you loved her personality." Joey added.
"Mom, why do you hate Val? Why?" Liv asked.
"Karebear, you called me and told me all about her. Parker told me too. She seems so sweet. Why?" Dad said through the screen. Mom sighed in defeat.
"Ok. Me and her father, back in my first year of high school, dated. He was very sweet. But, he, cheated on me. So, since Val is his daughter, she.. I don't want her to hurt you Parker." Mom explained. Then,

"You seriously think I would do that to anyone? That I would do that to Parker?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yeah you probably hate me for making Mrs. Rooney seem like the bad person in this situation. But, this makes it very suspenseful. Have a great day!

-Aleena