Long Distance Relationship isn't working out?

Ruby's POV:

I looked out the window and saw a familiar face. Wait... Emma? My eyes widened and I grabbed my flip-flops and ran to the beach and jumped on Asher's back. He screamed and fell forward.
"Asher!" I said happily.
"Hi Ruby." He groaned. I got off him. He rubbed his head. "I fell on a rock and I'm fine thanks for asking." He said to all his friends.
"So what brings you here?" I asked.
"Drama."
"Twins, School, or Love?"
"Love."
"Lovers quarrel?!" I squealed and I looked at Emma.
"Oh not us. Val and Parker." She assured.
"Oh. What happened with them? Is the long distance relationship thing not working out?"
"That or I'm just irresistible." Asher said running a hand through his hair. Emma hit him on the head with her book. He glared at her.
"Who's this?" A boy with light brown hair asked.
"Ruby. And you are?"
"Austin." He answered. I looked at the rest.
"Oh. I'm Jesse and this is Cameron." The girl said.

"I could help you with them. Parker's visiting soon and Val doesn't live that far." Emma and Jesse sat on a rock.

"She's so helpful." Emma said and moved her attention to the ocean.
"Why don't you take a photo of it?" She picked at the rock.
"I'd rather not." She said.

"WHAT?" All of us, except Asher, said.
"Did you, Maliya Emma Blakes, just say" Jesse started.
"That you don't want to take a picture cause you'd 'rather not'?" Austin finished. She shrugged.

"Where is your camera anyway?" Cameron asked.
"Um, at home"
"She's lying." Austin said eyeing her.
"SAMUEL ASHER NEWTON, WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO TO HER AT THE BIO DOME!" Jess yelled.

"Me? I did nothing!"

"Sure you didn't."

"I'm serious!"

"Can you guys just leave it? We're supposed to be cleaning the beach." Emma said breaking them up.

"I'm watching you." Jesse pointed at Asher and walked away with her brother. Once their friends were out of earshot, Ruby told them where Val lived and how to get there. Once the clean up was over, the two followed Ruby's instructions and arrived at 2398 Walker Avenue.

* * *

Narrator: Me

"This is it." Asher said.
"Yeah." Emma sighed and knocked on the door. The door opened a few minutes later, revealing a woman wearing a pink shirt and beige pajamas.
"Hi. Is Val home?" Asher asked.

"You two her friends? I'm her mother, Ginny."

"Nice to meet you"

"Val's upstairs, second door on the right."

"Thank you." They went up to her room to see Val pouring a liquid into another, creating a whole new liquid.

"Well if it isn't Val Wishart." Emma said, breaking Val's focus. She looked up, eyes wide.

"Emma? Asher? What are you doing here?" Val asked, surprised.

"Beach clean up. I organized it." Asher responded, quick proud of his accomplishment. "We have to talk about P— OW!" Emma stomped on his foot hard.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to go out for a little reunion night." Emma said sweetly.

"Yeah. Tomorrow after school sounds good." She smiled.

"Why did you stomp on my foot!" Asher whispered/yelled.

"Want me to do it again?" She glared.

"Are you two okay?" Val interrupted.

"Perfect." Asher smiled. They left a few minutes later, leaving Val to her thoughts.

"Ok what the heck was THAT?" Asher said as they walked back, the sun beginning to set.

"We can't just go up to her and say 'Hey Val we lied to our principal so we could fix your love life since we know all about your secrets.'" She snapped.

"Okay. Now that you put it like THAT.."

"Asher please for once, just ONCE, be quiet." Emma sighed. He looked her, knowing something was wrong. Maybe she just missed her camera? Or could she be... No. Asher knew that Emma wsn't that type, to be jealous. But something was off.

*****

I know i know long time NO update.

Sorry im juggling 3 books at ONCE and I have school.

This is just one chapter i cooked up from scratch so bear with me, i'm working on it. This chapter is about Asher and Emma 'cause it's tied toward Val and Parker. Just wait...

Have a great day

-Aleena