Gone, Gone, Gone

4 days later

"Science microscope...Check"
"Science stethoscope... Check"
"Personalized lab coat... Check" I said putting the stuff in his suit case. I was leaving tomorrow. No more beautiful weather. Knock.

"Hey son. We leave first thing in the morning tomorrow. Anyone you want to say good bye to? Any friends?" Dad says walking in. I look at my suitcase. Close it and put it aside.
"Yeah ok." I said. Maybe I could say goodbye to Finch. And Val. And Luke ( made up friends name) I walked to her house.
"Parker! Honey, how are you?" Mrs.'Whisart said.
"Im fine. Is Val here. I uh... Wanted to say goodbye." I said shoving my hands in my pockets.
"She's at school." She said.
"Oh thanks. Bye." I said as she returned the greeting and closed the door. I walked to school. Into the lab I went. Val was there writing something down. Then she put something in the beaker and it let out an explosion of white smoke on top. She smiled. She turned her head.
"Oh hey Parker. What are you doing here?" She asked pouring the liquid from the beaker into the sink.
"Oh uh... I'm leaving tomorrow. I just came... To uh... Get my stuff." I said grabbing my book off the table as I turned and was about to leave.
"Parker wait" Val said taking her googles off. I turned around. She was holding a box.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Here." She said handing me the box.
"What's this for?" I asked shaking it.
"Going away present." She shrugged.
"Oh. Thanks Val. I guess this is goodbye till the end of summer." I said scratching the back of my ear.
"99 days." She said.
"99 days." I said smiling at her and walking out. She waved and went back to her project.

Val's POV:

In 99 days. I'll see him at the Bio-Dome.

Parker's POV:

I'll see her in 99 days. That's a long time.