The Broken Pieces

Val's POV:

I sat in my room, it was 12 am. I couldn't sleep. Was it because me and Asher kissed? Maybe.

Was it because I was afraid of what Parker would do when he'd find out? Would he even find out?

I jumped when I heard my phone ringing. Parker. Oh no.

Do I pick up? I hovered over the end call one, but switched to the green button.

Why?!

"Hello?" I said.

"Val! Hey!" He said.

"How'd you know I'd be awake?"

"I know you Val. You never sleep before 12." He sounded so happy.

And it was killing me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm visiting. Just wanted to tell you."

"Oh." I said sad.

"OH! That's amazing!" It was somewhat. He laughed.

"Yup. I heard that Asher and Emma are there. Saw Emma's snapchat."

"Yup." I said.

No

No

No!!!!

"When will you be here?"

"Tomorrow morning. This morning." He said correcting himself.

"Cool."

"Meet me at the diner near your house?"

"Of course."

Oh my god.

"Bye." He said.

"Bye." I responded and hung up. I fell back onto my bed and screamed. My mother walked in.

"What's wrong Val?"

"BOYS!"

"Ah." She said, and sat down next to me. She was a tall woman, with straight red hair and blue eyes.

"What happened?" She said.

"I kissed a boy while having a boyfriend." I admitted. Her eyes widened.

"Woah." She said.

"It was an accident!"

"Do you still have feelings for your boyfriend?" I sat up and thought.

"Somewhat?"

"It's this situation. I see." She folded her hands under her chin.

"Got a coin?" She said. My mother was sometimes very weird. I pointed to my wallet. She took it and took out a penny.

"Heads, you tell Parker the truth. Tails, you do whatever you want to do with this other boy." I looked at her. This made no sense. She flipped it. This is making no sense.

"Tails." She said.

"Oh."

"There's your answer. Tell Parker."

"But it landed on tails."

"Your reaction said otherwise." She said, kissed me on the forhead, and left my room.

What?

*

*

*

Emma's POV:

I'm bored.

I thought I could occupy myself by watching some shows and reading. I've read three books and watched a whole season of this show that Jesse was forcing me to watch.