Second to Last

Val's POV:

"YOU KISSED?!" Asher and Emma yelled.
"SHHH!" Me and Parker shushed them.
"Pal. Official." Asher said.
"They were already official you idiot." Emma said.
"I mean official official." He says.
"Anyway! What was with the awkwardness?" Emma said looking at us.
"What awkwardness?" Me and Parker say in unison. Mr. Tyrone walked in.
"Guys its late. Bed. Now." He says putting his hands in his pockets. We got up.
"You know what she means." Asher sang walking backwards into a wall. Emma face palmed.
"You see what i have to deal with?" She says. Parker laughs. I smile. We walked to our dorms.
Were Emma and Asher right?
About the whole awkwardness thing?

Parker's POV:

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. Well, more like 7 am. I changed and walked to Relax Room. Val was there. She looked up from her book. "Parker? What are you doing up?" She asks. She had her hair in a bun and she was wearing the Bio Dome leggings and shirt.
"I would ask the same for you."
She shrugged and I sat down next to her. We sat there for a moment of silence.
"Were Asher and Emma right? About the whole awkwardness thing?" Val said breaking the silence.
"I- don't know. I guess ever since the whole 'couple' thing started." I say. No Parker! No! " oh" she said. We sat for another 3 minutes. Silence. Talk about awkward.
"Well I should probably," she started as she was about to get up.

I quickly kissed her on the lips. She stared at me. Then, like magic, the awkwardness flew away. We talked and laughed. Why did I have the feeling we were being watched?

Asher's POV:

Emma squealed/whispered.
"They kissed!" She whispered. I kissed her cheek. She stared at me.
"Seriously?" She said.
"What? It seemed like the right moment." I shrugged. She rolled her eyes smiling and we continued watching Pal. I slowly took Emma's hand in mine. She looked down at our clasped hands and then at me. We smiled at each other. And then we continued watching.

Best. Summer. Ever.

Val's POV:

Why did the awkwardness go away after the second kiss?

———————————
So just quick update. I won't be updating as much. I have a lot of tests. So updates won't be as frequent.

Stay safe.
Have an awesome day!
-Aleena 😊