Meet Emma Blake

Parker's POV:

I woke up wet. Asher and Val were laughing. I was soaked in soapy water.

"What the--" i say.

"Welcome back sleeping beauty." Asher said.

"How long have I been out for?"

"About... a week?"

"A week?!!" I yell. Kids walk by with confused faces. I point at them.

"Who are they? And what are they doing here?" I ask getting up.

"You've been out for a week. The other kids are here now" Val said patting my shoulder.
"The robot. What happened to it?"

"Dead. Broken. All my hard work gone... but its fine. I can make a better safer one." Val said sitting down next to me. Ah. My head hurts so much. Like needles getting put in my brain. I put a hand to my head.

"Hurts?" Val says. I nod.

A girl walked in. With dark brown hair and she was in a lab coat. She smiled and was holding a clip board.

"And the patient awakens." She says. Asher smiled at her.

She took 2 steps closer to me.
"Can I have your hand?" She asks. "Excuse me?"

"Give me your hand"

"Why?"

"I won't bite." She smiled slightly.

"Promise." She says. I slowly give her my hand. She gives me tablets.
I look up at her confusingly.

"Two times a day. After breakfast and before you sleep. It will help with your head aches."

"Who are you?" I ask. Val hit me behind the head. She gave me the "seriously " look.

"Emma Blake at your service"

"Whos partner are you?" I ask. She turned around and pointed at Asher. I nod.

The floor was wet with the soapy water. Emma took a mop from the closet and handed it to Asher.

"What? Why me?" He asked.

"Because it was your idea"

"Val was involved!"

"You need to mop your self up too. Your wet" she said to Asher.

"Where?" He said. She took the bucket that they poured over me. She poured the rest on his head.

"Right there!" She said smiling. He went to chase her but she already ran out the door. Me and Val exchange glances. Val smiles and then the realization hits us.

"Hey buddy.." i say putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Hm?" He says while he mops.

"How come you've never mentioned Emma?" I say.

"Yeah? She's your partner." Val adds.

"I dont know. You didnt ask. Why are you looking at me like that?" He says. Val laughs and walked out the door. I helped him clean up the room and we went to our dorms. Another boy was in there. Earing, and is wearing ripped jeans and jacket and worn out shoes.

"Yo Nate. This is Parker Rooney." Asher tells him. He looks up. He shrugs. It seems he gets his own bed and we get bunk bed. Got it. We talk until the topic: girls come up.

"So Parker. Your girlfriend is?" Nate says.

"Val. I mean... shes not really my girlfriend but... its complicated."