Chapter-16

Niall's P.O.V.

Her face lightens up, as I touch her neck with my lips, and she laughs lightly. I love the way she laughs, and she smiles, and the way she tries to stop me, and want more at the same time. I bring my hand to her shoulder, and let my other hand rest on her waist. I slowly reach to the collar, and take the jacket gently off her. The more it gets off, the more I discover her glowing skin. She is an angel, I swear. She hesitates for a moment, but I look at her, giving her a wave of trust, and she lets me. The jacket drops on the lower terrace, but she doesn't care and neither do I. I run my hands along the soft skin on her arms, and she breathes heavily, shifting uncomfortably backwards on the bench. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. For me, love isn't only this.

"Babe.." I whisper, but fail to find my words ahead.

"I didn't mean to...uhm..." I start again, but she looks at me, with an innocent expressions, that she wears.

"Its okay." She tries to shut me up, and rubs my hand gently.

"Are you sure?" I ask again, not able to control myself.

"Yes." She nods, and I stare at her hair, that blow with the wind, gently and magically.

"Do you want a drink?" I offer her, trying to break the tension between us.

"No, thanks." She smiles, and shakes her head.

"I'll get one for myself then? I'd be back!" I get up from the bench, and she takes a deep breath.

I get down the terrace, and then into the hall. It is less crowded than before, and I spot Stace, by chance.

I walk over to her, but I see Ashton nowhere around her.

"Hey beautiful!" I tease her.

"Hey! Where have you been? And where is Diana?" She laughs a bit, and I hesitate.

"Uhm, we were..uhm..actually we were on the terrace, needed some fresh air!" I stammer, but my skilled mind has an explanation.

"Oh really?" She laughs, "Fresh air, huh?" she adds, and we both burst into laughter.

"Where is Ashton?" I inquire, to decrease the tension.

"He..uhm.." Her face frowns, "He got too drunk, uhm, soo.." Her eyes water up, and I feel awkward.

"Why are you crying?" I pat her shoulder, to comfort her. I know, Getting Drunk at 17 is a big deal, but not to an extent that makes someone's girlfriend cry. What?

"He got into a fight,..uhm, and he..." She stammer, trying her best to explain her point to me.

I feel a pat on my shoulder, I turn around and the disgusting smell of alcohol fills the air. Ashton's eyes are bloodshot, and his body in constant motion. I try to control him, and catch him by his waist, but I'm pulled by my collar. He pulls me, and hit me directly into my chest. The heart that was dancing with pleasure of Diana's touch, is now dread in pain. For seconds, I rest my back on the platform, trying to get into my head, what was going on. Why would he hit me? Ever?

"Stay away from my girlfriend!" I hear his harsh voice, strained from the effect of alcohol.

Shit! Did he just assume that I was flirting with Stace?!

"What? Are you crazy?" My words fall out, but I soon wanted them to be out only with explanations.

"Don't mess with me!" He snaps, in a terrible voice, that leaves the air smelling more like an alcohol shop. He grabs my collar again, and Stace immediately grabs him by his shirt.

"Ashton! No! He wasn't doing anything!" She yells, crying and catching her breath. I want to hit him right in the eye, but I roll my eyes on the crowd. I can't insult him, in his own party. No matter what happened just a second ago, but he is my friend. Even, I won't do something like this to my enemy.

Soon, I decide to walk away without fighting back. I control my aching chest, and walk towards the terrace again. I hear Stace calling out for me, but I can't leave Diana up there fot too long. Stace runs up to me, and pulls me by my arm.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that he was gonna do something,..I'm so..sorry.." Stace begs.

"Its okay" I tell her, though its not, "Call me if you need me, okay?" I add, and walk away.

Diana's P.O.V.

I stare at the city lights, and my stomach still flips. My thoughts are still swirled up in the kiss, and my body is warmer than before. The winds are fresh, and cold, and with every part of it that hits me, I am taken aback to relive the memory. My mind hits back to reality, and I realize that its been more than ten minutes, and he isn't here yet. 'He must be coming', I tell myself. After another ten minutes, my head starts heating up. What the hell!? He got me waiting so long. I'm not stupid! Before, I decide to walk away, I tell myself to calm down, and It works. I turn around, as I hear footsteps, and see Niall.

"What took you so long?" I almost yell as he seats himself, next to me, on the bench.

"I met some guys from my football team, so, uhm..I'm sorry." He speaks, staring at the sky, as he rests his head his hands.

"Okay." I say softly, embarrassed. I over-think a lot.

"Are you mad at me?" He inquires, his voice low and husky.

"No, are you stupid?!" I laugh at him, trying to forgive myself.

"Oh, uhm, thanks." He whispers, and I raise an eyebrow. What did he drink that he is acting so weird?

"Diana, can I ask you something?" He breaks my chain to my thoughts, and i'm glad about it.

"Yeah." I whisper, almost to myself.

"Do you believe me?" The words leave his mouth, and my subconscious laughs at it.

"Yes!" My thoughts aren't altered, "More than myself!" I add, and rub his palm with my fingers.

"Thanks." He whispers, and his eyes twinkle, making it hard to breathe.

"Why?" I almost laugh out, as I rest my head, on his shoulder and we swirl our arms together.

"I saw that in a movie!" He laughs, and I laugh harder, and stare into his eyes.

"You're so stupid!" I laugh out, and playfully slap him.

"I know, I know!" He pulls me close by my shoulder, and taps my arms.

I love it when he does these silly things, to make me laugh.

He is the perfect boyfriend.

I wish, he always stays mine.

I love him, and he forces me to.

I will never leave him.

I will stay with him, forever. And he has to stay with me, forever.