Chapter-36

I decide to make myself some coffee, if that helps to heal the flow of my thoughts. I set the cup on the centre-table as I sit down on the couch and run a hand through my hair. The headache looks uncurable. More over, there is an annoying pain that runs down my chest. I sip in from the steaming cup of coffee, and close my eyes. There is a knock on the door, and i groan as i get up to answer. Just as I open the door, I reveal the very much centered person to me at this moment.

"Diana, don't..." He places his hand against the door as I try to shut it. A shiver runs through my body, and my thoughts are quick and vulnerable. 

"Please..." My voice is far from audible, as I beg him to go.

"Just once", he pushes the door open, "Listen to me for once." He begs in a voice which is full with guilt and care. I set my eyes on the ground, and carefully watch his sneakers, and the black pants that he wears. 

"Look at me, please Dee." He begs, and I look up, still not making an eye to eye contact. He is wearing a plain white t-shirt, along with a carbon black leather jacket. I shift my gaze to the ground again.

"I was going to tell you." He rubs his eyebrow with his finger, and I stare at him. The rage in me is growing rapidly.

"Tell me what? The things you've been doing behind my back. About all the girls you call your friends?" My voice shoots up leaving both of us equally surprised.

"They are just friends, yes they are. But the-" He tries to defend himself.

"I don't need to know what Stace or any other girl means to you. Because I know what I meant to you - that's nothing but a joke." My voice goes shaky because of the lump that rises in my throat. He is caught off guard, and just stares at me in absolute unawareness.

"Diana, you're overreacting." He narrows his eyes at me, and I let out a laugh.

"Oh am i? Then why don't you just leave?" I look behind him, where i spot his car. He looks like he was totally unaware of my answer.

"Just wanted to let you know that I am leaving for London tonight at eight." He shrugs, and I nod. I totally forgot about it. I've been a wreck, what am i to expect? We stare at each other for a moment, before I shift my gaze on his car. He coughs, "I hope you come to wish me luck tonight." The pain in his voice makes my eyes sting with tears but i manage to nod.

"Bye." I sternly bid him goodbye.

"I hope this isn't the last time i see you."  His words make me feel like knives in my throat. I'm unable to speak, unable to think, unable to form words. Only able to let the tears roll down my cheeks. I stand there, numb. Thoughts and memories flooding my mind. Gathering my strength, i nod again.

I see him leave, and the lump in my throat is killer. I swallow hard. I shut the door behind me and fall to the ground. The last thing i remember is that I'm on the ground, my clothes soaked up in tears.

-----------------------------------

The clock strikes seven. I still can't convince myself to make a proper choice. Should i bid him a proper goodbye? But he doesn't deserve it. I close my eyes, and take my head in my hands. Why have i brought my life here? My phone beeps up and i pick it up to see Niall's text. My heart skips a beat, then another, then many.

*I hope i deserve a last chance.* It says.

A single tear rolls down my cheek and my breath hitches. 

"Niall...", the name leaves my mouth in a sudden whisper. "Why?", it whispers next.

I quickly slip into a pair of ripped jeans, and my ankle length black boots. I put on a white tank, and grab my phone while storming out of my room. I get down the stairs, trying to do my hair.