Chapter-28

I walk further in the hallway with Niall, and put my bag into my locker. He looks at me, not pity in his eyes, but strength. I can't believe that I am so weak, that I couldn't go ahead and beat the shit out of those girls. But what is harder to believe is that Niall helped me all through the way. He never leaves me on my own. He is always by my side. That is why I love him. 

"I'd be back." He pulls me into a hug, "Wait for me outside." He pulls away, and smiles at me. I simply crease my lips, as at the moment, smiling is the hardest thing to do.

"Okay." I whisper, as he leaves, and disappears. I take a deep breath, and decide not to think about the incident. But I will have to find my clothes.

I take my phone out, and check my texts. One from Georgia is good enough.

*Sorry I couldn't come. How was the dinner, though?* The text says.

*It was nice, but you will have to make it up for me, Gee!* I send her a quick reply. I'll text her the incident when I get home. 

"Dee!" Ashton's voice behind me surprises me. It is still awkward to see him. 

"Hey!" I smile at him. I don't want him to feel as awkward as I do. The memories from that night flood back into my mind. 

"Where's Niall?" He inquires rolling his eyes down the hallway and then back to me. The way his eyes roll, makes me doubt him.

"I don't know. He'd be outside in the ground later though." I inform him, and start walking past him. I feel so awkward around him, and I know Niall wouldn't like it much if he saw us together. This might seem rude, but there's no other option I can go with.

"Can I walk with you?" He asks me, and now I'm baffled. If I say no, that'd be rude. If I say yes, that'd be trouble.

"Okay." I agree, and he steps on my side, and we walk together for a while, in silence. The memories take their place again. The taste of alcohol fills my mouth again. His cold skin rubtures me. My stomach burns, and so do my lips. I shut the thoughts and bad memories up. 

"Where's Stace though?" I ask to break the silence. I will go to Stace, and maybe escape out of the situation. I don't want to remember a thing about that night. 

"There." He points to the big door, and I quickly spot her there. She looks beautiful in her cheerleader costume. I decide to walk over to her and talk. But..but before I can..my eyes spot the blondie and the girls from the dance practice with her. Is she really friends with these bitches?

My heart aches. Angers fills me at the most, and I walk to her. Faster, and even more arrogant. Just a second away, when I push them, and punch them in their faces. The tears return to my face.

"Diana!" Niall pulls me and lifts me, his voice arrogant and harsh. I flap my legs like a child, and cry harder. Everybody in the hallway stay quiet and surprised. 

"Calm down." He puts me back to the ground, and I try again. But his grip is strong enough to hurt me if I move too much.

"No!" He rubs my back, and I finally begin to feel calm. I feel so embarrassed though. Everyone is staring at us. I embarrassed both of us. Niall and myself. I embarrass everybody at all times. I am stupid. I am an embarrassment.

"Are you okay?" He leaves one of his hands on my waist, and wipes my tears off from the other. I look at the blondie again, and my head hurts even more. I want to punch her in the face. 

"Let it go." He drags me with him, "Come with me." I turn around and look at her once again, but he pulls me harder. Ashton walks over to us, and looks at us with a mixture of expressions.