Chapter-23

I reach my room, and throw my bag straight at the ground. I jump onto the bed, and my stomach flips, as the thoughts of me and Niall hit me. No matter if my mom beats the shit out of me, such thoughts will always make my stomach flip. I peep out of the window, to confirm if he stayed. I'm glad he isn't. It couldn't get any more embarrassing. The door clicks open cutting off my thoughts, and mom walks in.

"I embarrassed you, didn't I?" She sits next to me, and I look away quickly.

"Oh, didn't see you coming in." I say under my grinned teeth, and get up from the bed. I don't even want to sit next to her.

"Look, honey, he will only use you." She explains me calmly, and I want to slap her hard, but the fact is I can't. Niall is an old soul. He wouldn't do a thing to hurt me. I laugh out angrily at her choice of words.

"When I was your age..." She begins but my head is hot enough to scare her by now.

"Mom! Not everything is same! Its been years! The world has changed!" My voice shouts out to its loudest. I don't get whats wrong with her. She is acting like an older woman than she is. 

"It's 2010!" I throw a cushion at her face. I've never seen this aggressive side of me. At the moment, If anyone says something that makes me any worse, they are definitely getting murdered. 

"That doesn't mean you'll date a random guy! You don't even know him, sweety!" She tries to keep her voice sweet, and concerned. Mom has always been calm and supportive, unlike my father. And my brother, he doesn't even care If I am alive. 

"Niall is not a random guy! He is my classmate!" My pitch increases, but I bring it down to calm. She's taking so much, and I'm the one screaming around. Maybe if I stay calm, we'll get to the end of this discussion with the right results.

"Niall? That's a good name." She smiles, and I am so baffled at this point. Are we arguing, or are we cherishing my boyfriend?

"And a better soul." I explain her, running my fingers through my hair. 

"I hope you're right." She stares at the ground, and I simply look around. What am I supposed to say?

"He lives down the same street, Mom. I know him well." I beg, as I place myself on the ground, and my head rests in her lap. I am in tears. We just got back together, and I don't want us to be separate, anymore.

"I hope." She starts, running her palm on my head, "But..I don't know what way...your father is going to take it." She stammers. I know my father. He will throw me out of the house, unless my boyfriend turns out to be rich. He is a business man, and his only love is money, and his son. Not even my mother.

"Don't tell him." I suggest. He doesn't care what I do. We can continue without him having a clue.

"He will find out... sooner, or later." She refuses to agree.

"We'll see about that." I answer, confidently. Done. Whatever happens, happens.

She gently places my head over the bed, and gets up. She walks to the door, and then slips her thumbs in back pocket. This is the only habit I got from my mother. But I do it with style. She turns around, and gasps, smiling at me.

"We are going out for dinner, tonight." She informs me. I am probably not invited, but even if I were, I'd refuse. I want to spend my time with Niall. And a dinner would be a turn for such a dramatic day.

"You, me, Nate, and your father." She tells me more, and I simply smile. Nate, my elder brother, really doesn't talk to me, much. And when we do, It's only because it is the only choice.

"Oh, that's sweet." I smile back at her.

"Dad has to meet a business partner, and his family. They're nice people. We've met before." We both walk out of the room, and start walking downstairs. I quietly listen to her, though I am not interested.